Rhonda Santis VS The Free Market

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Leave businesses alone Rhonda!

After months of getting the cold shoulder from large corporations who refused to endorse his COVID-19 policies, Gov. Ron DeSantis had harsh things to say Thursday at the annual meeting of the Florida Chamber of Commerce, blasting what he called “the rise of corporate wokeness.”

“If you’re using your power as a corporation, and you’re leveraging that to try to advance any ideology, I think it’s very dangerous for this country and I’m not just gonna sit idly by,’’ DeSantis warned as he presented the keynote speech to the audience at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress resort in Orlando.

In the rambling 30-minute speech, DeSantis warned the business audience that he has no tolerance for corporations that use their influence for political messaging.

“Do you want to be more of a political actor or more of a business actor?’’ he asked, chastising the decision by Major League Baseball to pull its All-Star game out of suburban Atlanta after Georgia passed new election rules intended to make it harder to vote in the state’s urban areas.

“Don’t ever think that caving to the mob is going to save your bacon,’’ DeSantis said. “That’s just going to cause them to come back more.”

He then warned that such behavior from companies will elicit a rebuke from politicians like him.

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
But corporations are people with Free speech rights! I am sure principled free speech zealot Ifailalot will be outraged! Or not because Republican?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Besides aren’t the majority of his policies caving to the mob of antivaxxers and antimaskers?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
He doesn’t want big business getting political unless it means donating to his campaign. If he runs for POTUS he’ll be getting on his knees for big business.

Reactions: afoaf

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
He's a whiny little bitch like his Orange Boss. I'm sure he didn't think Hobby Lobby is trying to advance an ideology by not covering contraception, because it's HIS ideology.

This piece of sh!t is artifact 1 in the 'small government means the authoritarianism I want' exhibit.

Still like him more than Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Rick Scott, or Matt Gaetz.

That father/son GOP moron duo from San Diego and Devin Nunes would fit right in down here.