replacement for the Dakine Shuttle board bag?

Apr 29, 2013
Oregon
Need a little help. I'm looking for a really lightweight and low bulk board bag to put in my coffin for travel. Nice to have a lite bag once I've arrived for in/out boat and local land travel. I have a old/discontinued Shuttle bag from Dakine which is perfect for this application. Those only came in shortboard template and I need something for fishy/hybrid. Standard cheap day bags are not the same as they are bulkier and heavier.

Ideas?

Attachments

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I've had the same da kine one and I wish they still made it. The zipper finally seized up on mine recently after years of loyal service.

I've got the shortboard version of this and it's nice and light although probably not quite as light as the da kine one. Anyone knows of a better/lighter/cheaper one I'm all ears.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I have the same CI fish one. It’s pretty light. Probably suit your needs.
I've had the same da kine one and I wish they still made it. The zipper finally seized up on mine recently after years of loyal service.

I've got the shortboard version of this and it's nice and light although probably not quite as light as the da kine one. Anyone knows of a better/lighter/cheaper one I'm all ears.

Reactions: MrCrash
Apr 29, 2013
Oregon
Yeah thanks guys. That is similar in terms of light weight padding, with just 3mm. But the template at 27" wide adds a ton of unnecessary bulk to the travel coffin. I know Ocean n Earth used to include really simple day bags with their travel bags. Someone needs to offer these.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Apr 29, 2013
Oregon
Anyone have any experience with these "Snuggies"? I'm looking for more protection than a sock, this additional rail padding is interesting.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Never seen a chuttle bag, but the wife bought me one of these FCS bags for Xmas a couple years ago and I throw it in my main Db bag whenever I travel. Fits in there perfectly and provides a little extra protection.

Don’t know how wide your fishes are, but it fits my 19.75 wide Lightbender just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aruka and MrCrash
Apr 29, 2013
Oregon
Yeah, I have one of those FCS bags. It's a really nice day bag. But the Shuttle bag is like half the bulk because it's so simple. No shoulder strap, no extra paneling or pockets. Super clean.

Reactions: Goofy_Footed