Repeal and Replace

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Looking more and more like "Talk about repeal but do nothing because we don't know what to replace it with."

Was 7 years not long enough to come up with a plan?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
If ACA (Obamacare) broke the system, then the repeal will fix the system...nothing needs to replace it.

This is the leading thought on the situation, yes?

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
MJOJunkie said:
Stu based on your worthless neolib trolling maybe your penis needs repeal and replacement :hah: :loser:
:rolleyes:

got to admit the GOP has been so stuck in obstructionist mode they can't get going on this one. and whatever they come up with is going do nothing to decrease premiums over time nor reduce costs. Healthcare is a business and the goal is to make a profit.

MJOJunkie

Michael Peterson status
Jan 4, 2015
Socal Bight
I'm over it. Truly.

Shilling for either side shows ignorance IMHO.

Both sides corrupt worthless wrecking balls.

I predict the economy will get animal spirits under Trump, take off like a rocket into the middle of the year forcing much higher interest rates and ramping commodity prices and inflation only to collapse into a new credit crunch downturn of the varietal variety.

It's basically a setup.

You've been swarmed :hat:

Thanks you for listening I'm going outside now :beer:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
MJOJunkie said:
Stu based on your worthless neolib trolling maybe your penis needs repeal and replacement :hah: :loser:
I don't understand - how can you take Trump's main campaign promise and brush it aside. Are you not amused that they've had 7 years to come up with something better but, to date, have nothing? I am.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
MJOJunkie said:
Thanks you for listening I'm going outside now :beer:
^^:roflmao:

Thing is, most smart people don't cheer for a "side", they cheer for a "thing".

Affordable health care is a "thing" that it shouldn't have a side.

Everybody needs it and not everybody can afford it.

It's kinda a big deal.

Thanks you.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The insurance market existed prior to the ACA. It is my assumption that if the feds get out of the way the carriers will continue to adapt to market demand going forward. They'll develop programs and packages in competition with each other and the consumers will make their choices based on what they are willing to pay. The programs that are more popular will prevail and the ones that are less popular will fail.

The medical inflation rate was the big issue before and it remains the big issue for most people. There's no point in fixating on expanding distribution on the public dole if we continue to ignore the cost issue.

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
OK, so pretty much everyone I know that had existing insurance, after ACA, they pay more for less coverage.

Even if they take the ACA out and shoot it in the head, there's no way our insurance $ goes back down.

It only goes in one direction. Up. And the coverage also only goes in one direction. Down.

There's way too much money being made in this scam for it to change in any appreciable manner. It will be a shell game.

:barf:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GDaddy said:
The insurance market existed prior to the ACA. It is my assumption that if the feds get out of the way the carriers will continue to adapt to market demand going forward. They'll develop programs and packages in competition with each other and the consumers will make their choices based on what they are willing to pay. The programs that are more popular will prevail and the ones that are less popular will fail.

The medical inflation rate was the big issue before and it remains the big issue for most people. There's no point in fixating on expanding distribution on the public dole if we continue to ignore the cost issue.
free market supporters will tell you we don't need to fix anything - the market will fix itself. Wasn't government trying to fix things the opposition to Obamacare in the first place?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Expanding distribution on the public dole isn't going to do anything to costs but add to them. If we want to address costs we need to address costs.

Why does a broken leg cost $8k to treat? Why does an ambulance ride cost $1000?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GWS said:
OK, so pretty much everyone I know that had existing insurance, after ACA, they pay more for less coverage.

Even if they take the ACA out and shoot it in the head, there's no way our insurance $ goes back down.

It only goes in one direction. Up. And the coverage also only goes in one direction. Down.

There's way too much money being made in this scam for it to change in any appreciable manner. It will be a shell game.

:barf:
This. ^^

Nothing will change as long as the corporations run health care.

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
On the portion of the bill my insurance doesn't cover, my wife applies the surfboard "industry" model.

She asks for the bro deal.

And gets it.