Refugio Creeper

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Is there a female version of him as well?

Was out on the PCT yesterday.

Stopped to take a dump in the facilities at Pioneer Mall campground.

The lock on the door was broken.

The weather was inclement (40s, 70mph winds)

I'm like, "I can get this done in 45 seconds or less" and I was pretty confident there were no thru hikers within that time frame that could walk in on me as there were zero within view.

Mission accomplished and as I'm pulling up my pants a female thru hiker swings the door open. Goddamit!

She lets the door blow shut. "Oh, sorry"

I shout "Sorry the lock is broken!"

I get myself put back together and as I walk out the door she's about 2 feet away walking up to the door as I open it. WTF?

She says "Hi, are you thru hiking?"

"Um, no..."

I thought it was odd she attempted to make conversation.

Thinking back, I'm just assuming she was a she due to the clothes, as only a few inches of skin- her nose and upper cheeks - were visible.

Maybe it was him.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Yucky.

Maybe I just see way too many creepy white guys where I live, but that dude looks familiar

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I think some of the vloggers are crazy about announcing where they are at all times on the trail. They make it really easy for psychos/stalkers to track them down if they wanted to.

I guess they have to maintain their sponsorships/video views (although some hypocrisy because some of them are informative/entertaining) but I think it would be exhausting to always be filming yourself yapping, loading up online, then responding to comments, etc.

Just fucking hike. Talk about it when you're done and have completed your goals.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Trust should be earned, not given.

I hear so many stories of people who got themselves into situations and I just cant relate as to how they allowed it to happen.

I am capable of sympathy, but empathy in many cases is tough.

• Love
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Bacara to Gaviota St Park is pure creeper and lurker ville certain times of the year. They migrate north and south on 101 and camp along the way.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
On a whim, was checking Google Maps. Kind of surprised that the PCT isn't on Street View, even at the southern terminus (well, that's all I checked actually :roflmao: ). There's some other trails that are, which is pretty cool. Everest Base Camp Trail, Trans-Catalina Trail, lot of the ones in Yosemite, Baldy, etc.

BTW, looked on that reddit thread. I am wracking my brain when and where but I know I've seen that fucker before. :confused:

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
On a whim, was checking Google Maps. Kind of surprised that the PCT isn't on Street View, even at the southern terminus (well, that's all I checked actually :roflmao: ). There's some other trails that are, which is pretty cool. Everest Base Camp Trail, Trans-Catalina Trail, lot of the ones in Yosemite, Baldy, etc.

BTW, looked on that reddit thread. I am wracking my brain when and where but I know I've seen that fucker before. :confused:
Friend of mine had the job to Street View map a lot of those trails. He said Google would basically drop him in the middle of nowhere with a 40 lb camera backpack and tell him to start hiking.