Rand Paul tests positive

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
From the Times:

"Senator Rand Paul has tested positive for COVID-19. He is feeling fine and is in quarantine. He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events. He was not aware of any direct contact with any infected person. He expects to be back in the Senate after his quarantine period ends and will continue to work for the people of Kentucky at this difficult time. Ten days ago, our D.C. office began operating remotely, hence virtually no staff has had contact with Senator Rand Paul."
— Rand Paul's office on Twitter
I don't like the guy but the fact that he's asymptomatic is good news and I hope he makes a full recovery. However, this should also be a lesson that many CV+ people are exposing tons of other at-risk people.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Shouldn't this be in ifailalot's "People who deserve to die from Coronavirus"?

I don't wish death upon anyone but deniers and anti-science vexxers need to get seriously sick so they can get to their senses.

It's the only way because they can't empath unless it happens to them or their family, they don't give a sh!t.

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
Shouldn't this be in ifailalot's "People who deserve to die from Coronavirus"?

I don't wish death upon anyone but deniers and anti-science vexxers need to get seriously sick so they can get to their senses.

It's the only way because they can't empath unless it happens to them or their family, they don't give a sh!t.

You should wish a massive, nationwide and mortal infection on China, which caused all of this, and has half a billion too many people anyway.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
You should wish a massive, nationwide and mortal infection on China, which caused all of this, and has half a billion too many people anyway.
I guess you have been ______________ but they have already had one and coming out of it right now. Wishing millions of people to die, wow.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Be careful billy, you’re starting to sound very.....liberal
Yes, I think I am swinging back

I voted for Obama in 2008

Palin was too big of an idiot, I couldn’t deal with her

this rugged individualism sh!t is absurd in these circumstances

basically, we need an Ike right now

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Known exposure to someone who tested positive.

Were you exposed to someone in the past 14 days that you know tested positive?
my son was exposed to someone who tested positive a little over a week ago. The response I got when I called the State Dept of Health was no test unless symptoms

we’ve been monitoring symptoms since and thankfully there have been none in our house

we’re avoiding all contact for 14 days (only a few left)