Racquel Welch Done

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
My pops turned down RW in the 70s in NYC in front of a bunch of his colleagues and buddies. He still claims it but I don't know he considers it a regret or triumph, maybe both depending on then vs now.
One time(at Band Camp), before she was hooked up with anyone...Early 90's...Julia Roberts sauntered near me and gave me a big smile..to wit...I thought Clownface. Actors often have extreme features...I looked away. I didnt recognize her as Ive never been much of a movie goer. VHS baby. If I knew it was her I would have kissed her ass of course. I was lucky enough to be on a two week bender with some tourist girl. I found out later it was her and she was wandering around Bandcamp. Hanging with Keifer doing shitloads of blow.

Last edited:

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Sad to hear, such a beautiful woman. One of a kind.
Her son Damon was in my senior high school class, occasionally would catch a glimpse of her picking him up after school.
One of my favorite Sci-Fi films is Fantastic Voyage.
RIP:sick:

• Sad
Reactions: john4surf and Pico

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
My pops turned down RW in the 70s in NYC in front of a bunch of his colleagues and buddies. He still claims it but I don't know he considers it a regret or triumph, maybe both depending on then vs now.

What a waste of a prime Oedipal Complex opportunity.

"I've got two problems, Dr. Freud. First, Rachel Welch is my mom, and second, I don't think I want to be cured."

:p

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I'm sure if he wasn't married with kids it would have panned out differently.
I'm pretty sure if when they crossed paths, if it wasn't in front of his buddies/colleagues (or at least maybe one or two trustworthy ones) who knew he was married with kids, it would have panned out differently. :p

Peter1

Nep status
Jul 29, 2005
I found her strangely sexless, despite her obvious charms. One of the points of a being a sex symbol is that there has to be just that slightest hint of availability. Raquel, to her credit, always held herself at a distance.

Reactions: crustBrother