"Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Yes, Breonna Taylor deserved to die for some cops having the wrong address.
IIRC the drug dealer boyfriend fired at the officers and she got caught in the crossfire. Tragic and unneeded but not as simple as is being framed. Thanks again for proving my point.

Eric Garner needed to die for selling loosies.
He also resisted arrest so there’s that. Thanks again for proving my point about framing.

Trayvon Martin needed to die because George Zimmerman didn't like the look of him.
That’s not why he was shot. Thanks again for proving my point. Nuance is not your strong suit.

The issue is framed honestly
:roflmao:
George Floyd was 100% unjustified but that was an incredibly rare event. Where it becomes dishonest is when that gets extrapolated to every other incident involving black people and police, such as Jacob Blake and Rashard Brooks. Yet the reaction was as if it were another George Floyd when it clearly wasn’t.

I don’t recall anyone making a stink about Tony Timpa who died exactly the same way, but for some reason the media never cared :unsure:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
IIRC the drug dealer boyfriend fired at the officers and she got caught in the crossfire. Tragic and unneeded but not as simple as is being framed. Thanks again for proving my point.
So the address they had was wrong which started the whole thing, the same hoop BLM should be focused on jumping through - why is there a law enforcement interaction - but we blame the black people. Thanks again for proving my point.

He also resisted arrest so there’s that. Thanks again for proving my point about framing.
Worthy of death. Thanks again for proving my point about framing.

That’s not why he was shot. Thanks again for proving my point. Nuance is not your strong suit.
When the shoe was on the BLM foot, you reframed it to black people need to see why they're having the interaction. When George Zimmerman profiles someone and stalks them, that's not why he was shot. Thanks again for proving my point. Nuance is not your strong suit.

:roflmao:
George Floyd was 100% unjustified but that was an incredibly rare event. Where it becomes dishonest is when that gets extrapolated to every other incident involving black people and police, such as Jacob Blake and Rashard Brooks. Yet the reaction was as if it were another George Floyd when it clearly wasn’t.

I don’t recall anyone making a stink about Tony Timpa who died exactly the same way, but for some reason the media never cared :unsure:
I see you omitted Eric Garner from your examples. Maybe there should be a White Lives Matter movement for Tony Timpa. I forget - did Black America say Tony Timpa died from cocaine overdose the way White America tried to say George Floyd died of a fentanyl overdose?

Reactions: Aruka and bird.LA

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
So the address they had was wrong which started the whole thing, the same hoop BLM should be focused on jumping through - why is there a law enforcement interaction - but we blame the black people. Thanks again for proving my point.
From what I understand the boyfriend fired at the police. If I am wrong about that then ok, I will stand corrected. If that’s how it went down then yes, it’s is not a simple black and white issue.

When the shoe was on the BLM foot, you reframed it to black people need to see why they're having the interaction. When George Zimmerman profiles someone and stalks them, that's not why he was shot. Thanks again for proving my point. Nuance is not your strong suit.
Yes- TM may have circled back after he had a chance to go home. At that point, yes- you should question how you end up in that interaction.

I see you omitted Eric Garner from your examples.
No- I didn’t. Altough I would agree that Garner is in a similar category as George Floyd. My point is that these egregious incidents are not limited to black people (see below).

Maybe there should be a White Lives Matter movement for Tony Timpa. I forget - did Black America say Tony Timpa died from cocaine overdose the way White America tried to say George Floyd died of a fentanyl overdose?
Nobody knows about Timpa. That’s my point. An example on par with George Floyd is ignored by all, but if you fight police and point a taser at them you are the same as Floyd, as long as you are black. Weird :unsure:

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
From what I understand the boyfriend fired at the police. If I am wrong about that then ok, I will stand corrected. If that’s how it went down then yes, it’s is not a simple black and white issue.
From what I understand, the cops had the wrong address. The hoop you wanted BLM to jump through was to not interact with police. I applied that hoop to this incident. Hilarity ensues.

Yes- TM may have circled back after he had a chance to go home. At that point, yes- you should question how you end up in that interaction.
So Trayvon Martin should have sued George Zimmerman in Civil Court for violating his civil rights on the basis of profiling him and self-deputizing and stalking Trayvon Martin?

No- I didn’t. Altough I would agree that Garner is in a similar category as George Floyd. My point is that these egregious incidents are not limited to black people (see below).
Oh okay. Maybe you should demand a redress of your grievances like BLM did. Or accept the B part of BLM.

Nobody knows about Timpa. That’s my point. An example on par with George Floyd is ignored by all, but if you fight police and point a taser at them you are the same as Floyd, as long as you are black. Weird :unsure:
We know about Timpa. He was on the Marching Powder. There was no demand for a redress of grievances. The media didn't manufacture the George Floyd story, a bunch of randos filming it sparked grassroots reaction.

Reactions: Aruka

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
When I think of Memphis I think of Stax. I read a book about the Stax story years back, the founders really broke some ground on racial relations for the time and place. If I remember right Otis Redding was discovered by Steve Cropper, Otis was an equipment setup guy and sang while he worked. Steve Cropper heard him, the rest is history.
The artists were hot, the writers were hot, and the in-house musicians were shithot.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
From what I understand, the cops had the wrong address. The hoop you wanted BLM to jump through was to not interact with police. I applied that hoop to this incident. Hilarity ensues.
Uh, wut? :unsure: I prefaced my statement with "IIRC" and other variants to make it clear that I am not 100% sure and may have some details wrong. The link below echoes the basic gist of what I said. Seems that the ex-BF was the drug dealer, therefore wrong house, although the current BF did fire shots at the police officer.

So Trayvon Martin should have sued George Zimmerman in Civil Court for violating his civil rights on the basis of profiling him and self-deputizing and stalking Trayvon Martin?
He should've gone the fook home. Teenage pride is one hulluva drug. Can't say I wouldn't have wanted to do the same thing at that age.

By your logic, would the shopkeeper that Michael Brown manhandled have been justified in following him outside the door and clocking him over the head with a baseball bat :unsure:

We know about Timpa. He was on the Marching Powder. There was no demand for a redress of grievances. The media didn't manufacture the George Floyd story, a bunch of randos filming it sparked grassroots reaction.
Of course they didn't. My point was that stories that are nowhere near as egregious as George Floyd get conflated and are elevated to the national news stage, while incidents that don't fit the narrative do not. Which is why most of us can name 10+ black people who have been killed by police, some of whom share significant blame for their fate (such as Michael Brown and Rashard Brooks), yet most have never heard of Timpa who's killing was practically a mirror image.

Beyond that- I don't recall much in the way of protest after Tyre Nichols was killed . . . . Probably because the officers were black. How unusual :unsure:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
therefore wrong house, although the current BF did fire shots at the police officer
Okay so by the person-responsible-for-the-interaction-is-at-fault logic, it's the cop's fault. Current BF was defending property from an unlawful no-knock violation of the NAP. If only he had tactical McNukes.

He should've gone the fook home. Teenage pride is one hulluva drug. Can't say I wouldn't have wanted to do the same thing at that age.

By your logic, would the shopkeeper that Michael Brown manhandled have been justified in following him outside the door and clocking him over the head with a baseball bat :unsure:
This is your logic we're working with here, chief. I suggested Trayvon sue Zimmerman for civil rights violation. Shopkeeper, charges for assault? I'm just trying to follow through on the person-responsible-for-the-interaction-is-at-fault logic.

Of course they didn't. My point was that stories that are nowhere near as egregious as George Floyd get conflated and are elevated to the national news stage, while incidents that don't fit the narrative do not. Which is why most of us can name 10+ black people who have been killed by police, some of whom share significant blame for their fate (such as Michael Brown and Rashard Brooks), yet most have never heard of Timpa who's killing was practically a mirror image.

Beyond that- I don't recall much in the way of protest after Tyre Nichols was killed . . . . Probably because the officers were black. How unusual :unsure:
This isn't elevated national news narrative or whatever other hilarious nonsense you've concocted in your mind-palace. A shitload of people protesting it make it national news, not some hurrdurr narrative.

I recall much in the way of protest after Tyre Nichols was killed - by black officers. Kind of like Freddie Gray in Baltimore.

Maybe it didn't fit some hurrdurr narrative about violent black youth and precious property destruction so the media didn't elevate it to the national news stage?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Okay so by the person-responsible-for-the-interaction-is-at-fault logic, it's the cop's fault. Current BF was defending property from an unlawful no-knock violation of the NAP. If only he had tactical McNukes.
Yes- a complicated situation, and if the police failed to properly ID themselves upon entry then that could be justiable on the BFs part. However this was not someone being targeted for being black. When a bullet is flying at you the color of the shooter becomes less relevant.

This is your logic we're working with here, chief. I suggested Trayvon sue Zimmerman for civil rights violation. Shopkeeper, charges for assault? I'm just trying to follow through on the person-responsible-for-the-interaction-is-at-fault logic.
You have been saying this whole time that if someone threatens you and then retreats, that you are justified in tracking them down later and getting revenge. If TM was justified in bum rushing GZ (again- assuming that version of events), then I should be allowed to shoot a burglar running away from my house, or an assaulted shopkeeper should be allowed to do the same to the bully that assaulted him. Seems to me that this is what you are saying :unsure:

This isn't elevated national news narrative or whatever other hilarious nonsense you've concocted in your mind-palace. A shitload of people protesting it make it national news, not some hurrdurr narrative.
And again- why the selective outrage for some cases and not others :unsure:

I recall much in the way of protest after Tyre Nichols was killed - by black officers. Kind of like Freddie Gray in Baltimore.

Maybe it didn't fit some hurrdurr narrative about violent black youth and precious property destruction so the media didn't elevate it to the national news stage?

Doesn't look like much of a march.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You have been saying this whole time that if someone threatens you and then retreats, that you are justified in tracking them down later and getting revenge.
Seems to me that this is what you are saying :unsure:
First post on page 116 you attempted to reframe the issue (thing BLM should complain about per you) from police violence during encounters to BLM does nothing to prevent encounters between black lives and law enforcement.

I thought this was a ridiculous reframing, and since then, I've been applying it to various situations. As expected, all or almost all roads lead to there's nothing to complain about and also white people are the real victims and also some guy nobody protested for wasn't national news muh media muh narrative - which you have backwards - BLM protests -> media coverage, not the other way around.

I am not saying if someone threatens you and retreats, that you are justified in tracking them down. I'm merely applying the person-responsible-for-encounter-is-at-fault paradigm you think BLM should be focused on.

I know that the only reason Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman had any encounter was because George Zimmerman profiled and followed Trayvon Martin.