Racer1

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Price wise, Varial is cheaper than CFT but more expensive than XTR. If you factor that you have to get color on XTR (cause it yellows quick), then Varial is only a little more.
yep, color was the load balancer for me as well.

re: stretch, the man himself has said infused glass is the way of the future, but he is too old to start messing with it.

another point for varial - you can leave it in your car all day. Not aware of any tech other than soft tops that this is ok.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
yep, color was the load balancer for me as well.

re: stretch, the man himself has said infused glass is the way of the future, but he is too old to start messing with it.

another point for varial - you can leave it in your car all day. Not aware of any tech other than soft tops that this is ok.
i leave some of my boards in the car for days at a time, poly, XTR.. never had any issues

Reactions: Senor Sopa

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
In that Bobby interview with Stab he says he rode Nathan's quads in Hawaii and loved them. Came back to CA and ordered a three pack from Stretch. Then told CI to make him something like that. They showed the stretch order sheet in the video (SuperBuzz, BuzzSaw and Mr Buzz). Based on the sizes I'm seeing Bobby, Yadin and Parker ride, I'm thinking it's a SuperBuzz.
yup, remember that and remember the situation. They were selling the ones he used on Stretchs website.

Reactions: racer1

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Personally, I'd much rather surf like Parker C on a Fishbeard than Bobby M on a Bobby Quad, but I'm curious to see what it's about. (Bobby rips, no doubt, just not a fan of his style.)

Apologies for the slight threadjack.

Reactions: Aruka

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
where do you see any point where he was lacking in control? Thing looks like it does exactly what he wants it to do-- the two slides he does on those two backside wraps are perfect controlled slides
The 5th turn. Dont get me wrong, Parker is ripping and the turns look sick! Maybe its how he blows the fins out. Idk... when i saw it the first time it looked like the tail was sliding out.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I want to see progress pics, how much faster does raver go thru a board? do hawaiins go thru them faster? i feel like kaimai henrys big azz goes through a boar a week

Reactions: ReForest

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Bushman and stretch claiming concave decks

I think Nathan Fletcher shaped the original buzz boards, no? Somebody on here had a pic of them and they were called Boogie Snorkels or something silly.

kane

Michael Peterson status
Sep 30, 2003
Can't wait to drop another $150 on CI's inevitable new upright Bobby quad fin set in hollow-core, carbon fiber-inlayed space age composite materials with his signature green-red-white graphics.

what makes you want this more than the Stretch?
Sir bobby rides glass ons