Question: What keeps tiny nuclear-armed Israel from annihilating Iran?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
What keeps tiny nuclear-armed Israel from annihilating Iran?

Pushing a button on a nuke is easy. Winning a war requires boots on the ground and taking territory. Israel is tiny and doesn't have the manpower to take on its neighbors much beyond defending its current square footage.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
IMHO

1. Israel can't annihilate Iran. Examples of countries that could be annihilated with arsenals other than those on the permanent security council are "countries" like Andorra, Monaco, Singapore, Brunei, San Marino (aim for Fecal's boat) etc.

2. Most of Iran isn't crazy. The rulers are, yes, but the populate are probably more amenable to being bros with the West than basically all their neighbors. Look how pissed they got over one tourist woman basically taunting the old geezers the way our tourists take buffalo selfies and sh!t.

3. Respectfully disagree that Israel has minutes to live when Iran gets n00ks. Iran has a bunch of ancient fossils and there was unrest very recently and I doubt the "little people" have forgotten. That retaliatory strike was very carefully choreographed and telegraphed IMHO to be easy to intercept. That was about saving face internally, not punishing Israel for crossing a line. I'd wager good money people in Iran discussed the entire thing with the Brandon dildos, and this was about as "real" from Iran's side of the equation as a Jake Paul fight.

I don't think the Iranian military would act on an order to launch.

Personally I'm more worried about Pakistan v India boiling over than Iran v Israel.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
What keeps tiny nuclear-armed Israel from annihilating Iran?

Pushing a button on a nuke is easy. Winning a war requires boots on the ground and taking territory. Israel is tiny and doesn't have the manpower to take on its neighbors much beyond defending its current square footage.
Strongly disagree with this. Israel could run roughshod over Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and probably Egypt who is the most fearsome of that lot to me. I don't think they could do much conventionally against Iran in terms of ground offensives, but the countries they immediately border, that'd be a curb stomping.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Strongly disagree with this. Israel could run roughshod over Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and probably Egypt who is the most fearsome of that lot to me. I don't think they could do much conventionally against Iran in terms of ground offensives, but the countries they immediately border, that'd be a curb stomping.
Israel is surrounded by enemies and water on the other side. It would have a very difficult time venturing out offensively as it would expose itself by dedicating forces to an offensive mission. Gaza is one thing. Beyond that, I think they'd struggle on their own.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Israel is surrounded by enemies and water on the other side. It would have a very difficult time venturing out offensively as it would expose itself by dedicating forces to an offensive mission. Gaza is one thing. Beyond that, I think they'd struggle on their own.
Israel has the most competent air force by far, and they're surrounded by desert. Assad needed Russian help to beat some idiots in Tacomas. Lebanon is a larger Gaza. Jordan has thrown in the towel and it's been that way for decades.

The Egyptians, if they were right next door the way Syria/Lebanon are okay. But you're not getting all that sh!t over the Suez without anyone knowing, and you're not getting all that sh!t across the Sinai against the Israeli Air Force.

Turkey would be problems. Iran would be problems. Pakistan would be problems. Nobody else in their sphere would be problems.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The is issue is jihad.

Ceasefire isn't going to stop the jihad.

As long as there is jihad civilians are going to suffer and die,

Reactions: ElOgro

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
You're saying that, because my exampled shows that Islam is bent on world domination, that Christians and Jews are stupid.

No, I don't agree with your premise or your logic..
America has been bent on world domination since 1945.

The difference is that America actually dominates the world and muslins don't.

It all started because muslins wanted to be left alone and the US would not let that happen because Americans needed that cheap and delicious oil fix.

Who do you think created Iran that exists today?

The US and the UK have been overthrowing Middle Eastern governments and drawing random, artificial borders for at least 70 years and every single one of them made things worse and not better.

It's funny how you are selective about history.

Last edited:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
The is issue is jihad.

Ceasefire isn't going to stop the jihad.

As long as there is jihad civilians are going to suffer and die,
Ceasefire won't fix Jihad but giving people basic human dignity and the right for self determination would.
Too late now.

As long as there is oppression, land grab, displacement, famine and bombing of civilians, there will be Jihad.
You don't bomb Jihad out of existence.
Jihad is an idea, not a place or a person which you can destroy by physical means.
Again, nobody learned that from 9/11/Iraq/Afghanistan debacle.

Ceasefire is just a band aid to stop the killing temporarily and allow the aid in.

Israel did all the free recruiting for Hamas and will continue to do so as long as Netanyahu is in power.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Examples of countries that could be annihilated with arsenals other than those on the permanent security council are "countries" like Andorra, Monaco, Singapore, Brunei, San Marino (aim for Fecal's boat) etc.
Don't tread on me! :cursing:
Lucky for me, San Marino is a landlocked "country" so I can't even go to there.

Is Luxembourg a country or a "country"?

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Ceasefire won't fix Jihad but giving people basic human dignity and the right for self determination would.
Too late now.

As long as there is oppression, land grab, displacement, famine and bombing of civilians, there will be Jihad.
You don't bomb Jihad out of existence.
Jihad is an idea, not a place or a person which you can destroy by physical means.
Again, nobody learned that from 9/11/Iraq/Afghanistan debacle.

Ceasefire is just a band aid to stop the killing temporarily and allow the aid in.

Israel did all the free recruiting for Hamas and will continue to do so as long as Netanyahu is in power.
Jihad existed when the Caliphates and then the Ottoman Empire were the strongest empires in the world

You're correct on everything else here, but jihad is a feature of Islam, just like "spreading the Word" is a feature of Christianity

Both religions are evangelical (in the original meaning of the word)

Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Jihad existed when the Caliphates and then the Ottoman Empire were the strongest empires in the world

You're correct on everything else here, but jihad is a feature of Islam, just like "spreading the Word" is a feature of Christianity

Both religions are evangelical (in the original meaning of the word)
Agree but Islamic Terrorism in the west wasn't a thing until 1970s.

Jihad and islamic terrorism are often used interchangeably, perhaps incorrectly.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Agree but Islamic Terrorism in the west wasn't a thing until 1970s.

Jihad and islamic terrorism are often used interchangeably, perhaps incorrectly.
Yes. And what was reaped in the 1970s came from what was sown in the 100 years before