Pyzel Padillac?

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Sorry, this is all take and no give: Has any of you got any experience with these, or had a close look at one?

They look unreal at a safe distance, and I'm thinking of a good gun for our not perfect large waves. Chop, flat spots/rocky boils, lots of wind, 15-20ft + faces.

Cheers

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
Hi Maz -

We've had quite a bit of these coming through our Oceanside factory, in the last few months - with most (like these) heading up to Nor Cal.

I posted this photo on the Step Ups and Guns thread, but not sure if you saw it - the two on the left are our 'Crazy Train' model, but all the others are Padillacs.

To give it some size scale, the one on the far left is a 9'6 and the one on the far right is 7'6. I wanted to get a pic of these, all together, before they got boxed and shipped, and I'm glad I did.

[

They feel amazing under your arm and my heart literally starts beating faster when I'm around them........as I said in the other thread - definitely out of my league.

From our website, and Jon's mouth:

The Padillac is a smaller version of our Crazy Train model gun.

Like the name implies, this board is a paddle machine with extra thickness and a fuller outline than our standard guns so you can ride bigger waves with confidence and ease.

It has a clean, flowing rocker and light vee with double concaves to add speed and quick turning.

We recommend you go with the Quad option, and take this board out in most anything the ocean throws at you.

Made in sizes between 6’10” and 8’6”. (Side note by me - we've done a few 9'0's this year too, in O'side factory).

A great board for deep water waves like Sunset, Cloudbreak, or Ocean Beach, it is also a good choice for bigger surfers for lots of different waves around the world.

Hope that helps and feel free to PM me with any other questions/concerns.

:cheers:

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Thanks Tanner!

I was just looking at that photo and wondering how big the "little one" was.

I'll do some more thinking and possibly take you up on the PM invitation. Pyzel Australia seem to build great boards, if my Pyzalien is anything to go by, and that route could just be the way to go for a serious board for me.