Pyzel Ghost?

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
How much do you weigh and where do you surf? I'm 6' 165 lbs and the stock 6'0 is perfect for when the waves overhead and steep. I don't like it in shoulder high and under surf (Southern California) as I've found it to ride like it's an inch or two longer than it actually is.

Reactions: sdsrfr and paunch23

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Don’t over think it. Plenty of sensitivity off the tail. I say just get the 6’1.

By no means is the ghost a bad paddler but my 6’2 blackbird is a noticeably better paddler.

Reactions: oeste858

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
I wouldn't stress about the rails. I usually ride like 2 3/8 and my Ghost is a bit over 2 1/2. Honestly for the type of waves you're riding it in, probably won't matter. But if it bugs you get a custom or a Ghost Pro.

Reactions: paunch23

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Raked fin, neutral fin or upright fin?
-presuming most are riding it as a tri.

Going to ride my stock 6’2” for the first time today, starting with Futures Legacy F6 = medium, neutral fin.

Reactions: Aruka

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City

Going to ride my stock 6’2” for the first time today, starting with Futures Legacy F6 = medium, neutral fin.
I run mine with AM's. That board holds exceptionally well. Not much fin is needed. I run larges on a lot of my boards, but its too much on the ghost for me and I drop to a medium. Seems pretty common with others dropping to a smaller set also.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW

F6 sounds like a good starting place. Not too far from the JJF M's I think.

Reactions: sdsrfr

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
F6 sounds like a good starting place. Not too far from the JJF M's I think.
Thanks, was a good fin to start with, a bit too crowded for first time out on it, plus 7 days in now with double sessions every day. I got a few nice one’s and got the feel, I will like it and it we will be simpatico.

Will say that the AIPA Wrecking Ball has been outsanding! Real special place in my quiver now.