Pyzel Electralite?

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
Does anyone have experience? I'm currently riding a PU Phantom and love it, and thinking about the Gremlin for a step down/groveler in Electralite. More concerned with feel over durability.

1636480853482.png

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Seems like solid thinking. Not ridden one but the few used ones I’ve seen on CL look to be in pretty good condition. I almost bought an Electralite phantom last year and the seller said he loved it and was just going to get the same board in custom dims.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
looks like stringerless EPS with carbon, all the big brands do something similar

Reactions: waxfoot

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
I have an Electralite Pyzalien 2 and like it. Really light. Feels fine, but it's been so long since I rode a PU shortboard I'm not sure I can accurately discuss the difference at this point.

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have experience? I'm currently riding a PU Phantom and love it, and thinking about the Gremlin for a step down/groveler in Electralite. More concerned with feel over durability.

View attachment 118971
Electralite is just a cool sounding name we use for our way of building a stringerless, EPS/Epoxy board. Most shapers have their own version of this sort of build. By taking a wood stringer out of the equation you basically end up with one of the lightest surfboard builds available. We use carbon tape to add rigidity and minimize the buckle/break factor. Of course the glassing schedule (fancy way to say glassjob) also dictates the strength/weight ratio, so you can decide where you want that to land. I personally prefer the swing weight feeling of a board with a stringer, but many people love the ultra-light performance and look of this build
read more here if you want

May 10, 2018
Electralite is just a cool sounding name we use for our way of building a stringerless, EPS/Epoxy board. Most shapers have their own version of this sort of build. By taking a wood stringer out of the equation you basically end up with one of the lightest surfboard builds available. We use carbon tape to add rigidity and minimize the buckle/break factor. Of course the glassing schedule (fancy way to say glassjob) also dictates the strength/weight ratio, so you can decide where you want that to land. I personally prefer the swing weight feeling of a board with a stringer, but many people love the ultra-light performance and look of this build
read more here if you want
Hey John,

On your Australian website the carbon strips look different to those in the U.S.

Is there a reason for the difference? I like the look of the US ones better

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Hey John,

On your Australian website the carbon strips look different to those in the U.S.

looks like they using the bottom full strip on the deck too in the land down under

Reactions: noise

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey John,

Since we build our boards in our own factories in different regions (they aren't mass produced in Thailand like some other brands), we use different versions of carbon that are available in those areas. It is hard to get the exact same materials world-wide, especially with Covid shipping issues, so there are minor differences in the constructions across the globe.

May 10, 2018
Since we build our boards in our own factories in different regions (they aren't mass produced in Thailand like some other brands), we use different versions of carbon that are available in those areas. It is hard to get the exact same materials world-wide, especially with Covid shipping issues, so there are minor differences in the constructions across the globe.
Cheers, makes sense (y)

Feb 3, 2021
@cjs2002 Did you finally get the Gremlin Electralite? I see you are going for the 5'9" I was thinking on doing the same.

5'10" or 5'9" Gremlin
Or
5'9" or 5'8" GremlinXL
Then
Swallow or Squash Tail?

I am 6'0" and 185lbs just trying to compare it to your order ...

Think got my board; 5'9" 20 1/8", 2 9/16" 33.1L ElectraLite

Last edited: