Pyzalien Love?

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
MidWestAus said:
Thanks Stu.

I see you ride a Pyzalien 6.3 x 20 1/2 x 2 3/4 (39L) swallow tail.

I'm looking at getting a Pyzalien 6.2 x 20 1/2 x 2 3/4 swallow tail - hoping to get around 38L.

I'm guessing the Pyzalien will paddle / float better than the Slab 6.4 (38L) round tail I have on order with its shape / outline.

What is your height / weight?
i'm around 215lbs. have ridden it up to 240lbs too. that's max capacity for both the board and me. i can't recall if I've ever picked up a Slab to look at. Tanner did show me a bigger guy Slab 2.0. I'd say that's closer to a PyzAlien.

DroppingOnYou

Nep status
Feb 16, 2016
MidWestAus said:
Give the Slab 6.4 is 38 should I go 38L on the 6.2 Pyzalirn as well ??
Yeah just make sure you go at least 1/8 inch thinner than the Slab but I'd probably go even thinner than that. They have soooo much foam.

YakAk

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 22, 2010
My Pyzalien is over foamed for most but works Great for me .I absolutley love my Pyzel. I'm 6'3" 220lbs, plus wetsuit, and 54 years old. Pyzalien 6'6" 21.5 2 3/4 At my age, I like the extra foam 😊

Jan 14, 2016
Thanks for the help everyone.
Ordering the Pyzalien Swallow Tail at 6.2 x 20 3/4 x 2 5/8 (38L) as a stepdown to a recent order of a Slab Round Tail at 6.4 x 20 1/4 x 2 7/8 (38L).
Feedback was to keep the Pyzalien at no more than 2 5/8 in thickness and that the Pyzalien will paddle / float better than the Slab at the same literage.

YakAk

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 22, 2010
Futures, Jordy LG, I tried them from the start and would not change anything.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
MidWestAus said:
What fins are preferred for the Pyzalien ?
i was riding JC1 hexcores for a long time. felt great. recently bought the John John in Large. Felt REALLY REALLY good. drivy, snappy, solid hold. in the large template I've also tried AM2's and didn't like them. super trackie (moreso than a bonzer :monkey:)

DroppingOnYou

Nep status
Feb 16, 2016
nexttozen said:
any1 ridden both pyzalien and subscorcher2? howd they compare?
Had both in the same size almost. SS2 less foam up front more drive (a bit more "shortboard" in general). Alien goes vertical quicker and is a bit more loose but depends on fins etc. Alien could probably handle more size (steeper too) if you angled the take off. Pretty similar but the SS2 grovels better. Alien felt bigger even at a half litre less....

DroppingOnYou

Nep status
Feb 16, 2016
FYI after I wasn't feeling my step down I grabbed a like new Electralite 5'11 Pyzalien from the Pyzel factory. I've gone through just about every "high end" epoxy construction out there including 2x JS hyfi, 2x Carbon wraps, FWs etc and have always wished I was on a poly most of the time. Maybe I was sold on the marketing because I wanted them to work for me. In the end none did until now. The Electralite is absolutely awesome. It's a different shape so that could help but this doesn't feel as ... epoxy-ish? As in.. it has the good qualities like spring and lightness but it's still great in wind and chop, doesn't feel like it's lacking down the line momentum despite the weight, and doesn't chatter on bottom turns. The craftsmanship is wonderful and it ticks all of the boxes for a daily driver. Super fast, lots of hold, loose when needed. It's an insane board. If you're unsure of Electalite - don't be scared! There's a difference when it's locally made (Y)

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Electrolite boars felt really good when I felt them up

NICE to see the built in the USA lam too :)