Pyzalien 2

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Here's a short clip from the other day, really good conditions for the P2 imo. Very wonky though and period of 19 seconds. Not getting vertical, just wanted to show the board's ability to draw some long facey lines. Jordy fins. Not everyone's cup of tea but to me feels good. Such a good CA board.

One of my favorite things to do is take off on a long closeoutish wall and instead of snapping just see how far I can drive the top of a top turn as the wave pushes vertical, trying to get as parallel as possible with the lip for as long as speed can hold. This board has been really good at allowing me to do that on the right wave.

What sucks is I'd like to get a HPSB version of this but apparently this rocker is one off...So really don't know what to do.

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
Here's a short clip from the other day, really good conditions for the P2 imo. Very wonky though and period of 19 seconds. Not getting vertical, just wanted to show the board's ability to draw some long facey lines. Jordy fins. Not everyone's cup of tea but to me feels good. Such a good CA board.

One of my favorite things to do is take off on a long closeoutish wall and instead of snapping just see how far I can drive the top of a top turn as the wave pushes vertical, trying to get as parallel as possible with the lip for as long as speed can hold. This board has been really good at allowing me to do that on the right wave.

What sucks is I'd like to get a HPSB version of this but apparently this rocker is one off...So really don't know what to do.
As a helpful suggestion, just keep surfing like this.

Seriously, could you describe what a hpsb version of a p2 would be? Seems slightly contradictory, given the tail / rocker characteristics.

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020

Seriously, could you describe what a hpsb version of a p2 would be? Seems slightly contradictory, given the tail / rocker characteristics.
Longer narrower im guessing. Maybe thinner.

Reactions: SixtyGrit

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

Kinda like how the Ghost has a little "family," it would be a board based on the P2 rocker with bigger or cooking waves in mind.

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
I've bumped up an inch on my last two. First one felt off due to the construction (xtr) and wrong dims. My newest one feels great(poly). Maybe lost a touch of the low end magic just due to it feeling longer but still overall my favorite board to ride in 95% of east coast junk. Still haven't ran it as a quad.

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
20240208_215840.jpg

After I've just relapsed on a ghost last week I stumbled across this pyzalien on a second hand marketplace the other day. Absolutely loved the pyzalien I had a while ago, and having never ridden an XTR (hard to come by in Europe) I just had to pull the trigger. Then I realized that the sellers name matches a username on here - hi @tywoods

PS there's a backstory to this. I met this gentleman like two years ago, first saw this board and told him I'd happily snatch it once he's done with it

Last edited:

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
View attachment 172410

After I've just relapsed on a ghost last week I stumbled across this pyzalien on a second hand marketplace the other day. Absolutely loved the pyzalien I had a while ago, and having never ridden an XTR (hard to come by in Europe) I just had to pull the trigger. Then I realized that the sellers name matches a username on here - hi @tywoods

PS there's a backstory to this. I met this gentleman like two years ago, first saw this board and told him I'd happily snatch it once he's done with it
Sick bro. Cant go wrong with pyzaliens. I’m a huge fan and would love to try that build.
Tell us more. Size dims fins…

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Sick bro. Cant go wrong with pyzaliens. I’m a huge fan and would love to try that build.
Tell us more. Size dims fins…
Board is stock 6'0. Me 6'2 195, aiming for 185 but pizza and beer keep interfering. I liked my PU best as quad with h4, thruster the ams went great.

Reactions: Havoc

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
Board is stock 6'0. Me 6'2 195, aiming for 185 but pizza and beer keep interfering. I liked my PU best as quad with h4, thruster the ams went great.
Yeah i love mine as a quad too. Rasta quads.
Performers L went so great with my fcs pyzalien back in the day, I liked it way more than the ams. I see now that pyzel recommends the performers on the website and it makes total sense to me. Id give em a try if I were you.

Reactions: claw87

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
View attachment 172410

Well played. Bro, you are like the bizarro euro Oeste scoring used gems!

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
Well played. Bro, you are like the bizarro euro Oeste scoring used gems!
View attachment 172410

Bro I would bring that tail pad back towards the tail. Even if you have to dig a whole in the pad where the leash string plug is. Maybe you won't even need to do that cause there is some space there.

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Bro I would bring that tail pad back towards the tail. Even if you have to dig a whole in the pad where the leash string plug is. Maybe you won't even need to do that cause there is some space there.
Haha I removed the old pad and swore to never ever remove a pad again, such a dreadful job. The kick is right above the end of the base, that's where I always put them

• Wow
Reactions: Leonardo
Mar 2, 2024
I need your support: I'm 6' 0" and torn between the P2 5'11 or P2 xl in 5'10". The P2 xl has 2 1/2 thickness which sounds like a lot. Does anyone have experience with the xl vs the standard version. What would be your recommendation - the shorter and thicker or larger and thinner version of this board?