Puerto Padi

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
Mullaghmore. Reckon you'd more of a chance of not dying.
Have no experience with either but I think I’d have a better chance at perfect Chopes vs Mullagmore with all those crazy steps and warbles.

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
yeah i was thinking same as ted. mullaghmore always has so much chop and warble going on. chopes looks a lot more perfect.

also Tahiti is such a gorgeous place so it'd be a more beautiful view as i was getting pitched over the falls to my death.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
I just know that I don't have the skills or speed to paddle into big Chopes.

money4coffeeman

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 31, 2005
Isn’t the better way to phrase that, “Would you rather sh!t in your trunks or your wetsuit?”
I base my risk assessment on proximity to 1st world trauma centers.
So faced with that choice, i think sh!t in my wetsuit it is for me!

Reactions: Aruka

money4coffeeman

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 31, 2005
Years ago I had a 2nd hand Davey Miller 8'4 bonzer 5 (with glass on center) that looked very similar to what the puerto padi looks like, baby swallow and all.
I showed it to Duncan Campbell, and he said davey rode it at big 2nd reef pipe.
Was a super fun board and fast as hell with the bonzer set up (even in conditions it was not designed for).
I don't read Daveys post as "they copied me", but rather, validating his, and other folks ideas.
Like they say, nothing new under the sun
(except for Nathan's surfing!!).
Cool though, that pyzel is making this type of board available off the rack now.

Last edited:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I don't read Daveys post as "they copied me", but rather, validating his, and other folks ideas.
Like they say, nothing new under the sun.
Cool though, that pyzel is making this type of board available off the rack now.
I had the same takeaway, saw Mr Miller get some great waves last swell. He was surfing good.

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

money4coffeeman

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 31, 2005
@Pyzelsurfboards
Jon while you are in question answering mode on the erBB as of late (and a BIG MAHALO for that.. I'm assuming it's because you're a great guy AND the north/NE winds are howling in HI today haha),
Puerto padi question(s)
I like my padillac (quad) and mini-padi (I surf it as a quad).
Can I custom order a Puerto padi as a quad? (I believe it's just a longer/narrower version of my mini padi, correct?)
I guess what I want to know is.... will the boys know where to place the fins on a Puerto padi if i wanted it as a quad (or 5 fin), or could that not end up well as a one off...?
I'd be ordering through haleiwa.
Mahalo!!