puddle fish....highs and lows of it?

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
got a line on one...debating. definitely wider than id prefer...little thinner than id prefer....could easily go shorter....but only using it as a day when everyone is basically on longboards and i dont want to surf a paddleboard

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I second what claw87 says. I had one and gave it a go in a decent mix of conditions.

It went top to bottom better than I expected a board that wide to.
It didn't get down the line nearly as fast as I expected.

If you wanted an easy paddling stable board for kinda fun surf I'd say it's worth a look. For a longboard replacement I'd say no. To me the rocker is kind of HP for a board they named the Puddle Fish. It's less speedy down the line and more composed surfing vertically than the OG Jumper.

Of note, I had the Lib Tech. 6'0", 41.75L which is up volumed relative to my other boards (except the Bean Bag). I had a Lib Tech Hydra as well, 5'9" 39.75L, and that board was faster in a straight line than the Puddle Fish.

For the surf you are talking about the Bean Bag - up volumed about 10% from DD shortboard volume - and not the Lib Tech would be the call of the Lost lineup. Note the Lib Tech Bean Bag worked better for me in small waves than the Puddle Fish or Hydra, but it's not the same belly bottom, really wide tail design. It has concave so it's not nearly as good at smoothing texture or chop, it pumps for speed better, and snaps better. Better in longboard waves than the Puddle Fish, but not on a par with the no-wing, non-concave version for longboard style surf.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
got a line on one...debating. definitely wider than id prefer...little thinner than id prefer....could easily go shorter....but only using it as a day when everyone is basically on longboards and i dont want to surf a paddleboard
So the only option between a shortboard and longboard, on longboard or paddle board days, is a fish? Dafuk is wrong with you?

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
My east coast board I keep at my moms is a PF. I love that board. 6'0. 37 litres. Board flies. So fast. I've had it in solid 2 foot overhead barrels and I got more than my share. Paddles easy.