Public vs Private Sector vaccine dispersal: Who's doing a better job?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I guess you guys don't remember 911 or even "two weeks to flatten the curve"

There's no such thing as a temporary government mandate, and the number of people who actually LIKE masks and social distancing are problematic as well
OOOH TEH SLURPERY SLOAP

If gays weren't allowed to marry, man-goat marriage wouldn't be legal today.

Thanks gays! :cursing:

The gubmint wants control over you for some inexplicable reason. :unsure:

Maybe you should have read the small print when you signed the social contract?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I will put Jeff Nelson up again any death metal drummer. Dude had some fvckin chops.
Okay okay, so I've been waiting for a proper drummer thread but you guys have been slacking so amma gonna put this here.

I'm absolutely fucking mesmerized by these two 19yo freaks. :headexplosion:

• Love
Reactions: Phi1 and hal9000

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Grapeboi MO:

When people mop the floor with your argument, backpedal and then claim you're just trolling and that you live rent f'REEEEE in somebody's head.

Classic Karen.
Whereas you simply lie and attribute false statements to other posters, formulate strawman arguments around them, and then try to say that you didn't when you get called out. Classic pathological liar.

What I said about WHERE I LIVE is 100% true, I didn't make that judgement about elsewhere.

Also, it should be obvious from some of my comments that there was some trolling going on. Mission accomplished :beer:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Shot appointment was a piece of cake. Still no word from the county that says I'm not eligible yet. Thank baby jesus for the free market, it truly is the best invention after fire and the wheel :beer:
Word. There's nothing like a system where you can threaten a boycott, or if push comes to shove, carry it out by not watching Today with Megyn Kelly, and then have her say something unfathomably retarded, get put on leave, and memory-holed. Thank you bae jeebs!

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
DeSantis sucks, but a single "one woman has been waiting five hours" anecdote doesn't count for sh!t.

We've had a small fragment of the population vaccinated to date, and apparently a serious problem with no shows. It's high demand right now, and Miami is the flake capital of the Universe. I read some of that twitter thread. There were a bunch of much faster turnarounds chiming in from NotFlorida, public and private, under an hour, no issues. The reporter said this site in Miami/Dade was run by State and Local, and FEMA was giving the shots. So the Feds are doing the grunt work, and the local imbeciles, of the State and City/County variety, are running it. No wonder it's a shitshow.

There was a Bloomberg tweet or ad or something about the "Wall Street Exodus" and it said "The issue with living in Florida is you have to live in Florida."

That means many things. Monster fkn cockroaches. Oppressive humidity. People who have never used a signal light and who only leave the passing lane to swerve into the turn lane/exit at the last possibly moment, with as much braking as possible done in the lane of thru-traffic travel.

Getting a Covid vaccine at a Miami x Florida collabo site when it's this high demand, and it being a recockulous shitshow with endless lines....how do you not see that coming? Where was the word "only" in that sentence? A sizeable chunk of people, their introduction to Florida is a series of two hour lines in Orlando after a traffic jam/near death on I-4. They might not pay out the ass for a picture of them on some roller coaster, but before they even left Orlando International, right about when they were confused and asking "What the fuck is a SunPass and I just flew in from Snowistan how the fuck do they expect me to have that?" they got a really expensive picture taken - on something they waited way too long for.

Reactions: grapedrink

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
DeSantis sucks, but a single "one woman has been waiting five hours" anecdote doesn't count for sh!t.

We've had a small fragment of the population vaccinated to date, and apparently a serious problem with no shows. It's high demand right now, and Miami is the flake capital of the Universe. I read some of that twitter thread. There were a bunch of much faster turnarounds chiming in from NotFlorida, public and private, under an hour, no issues. The reporter said this site in Miami/Dade was run by State and Local, and FEMA was giving the shots. So the Feds are doing the grunt work, and the local imbeciles, of the State and City/County variety, are running it. No wonder it's a shitshow.

There was a Bloomberg tweet or ad or something about the "Wall Street Exodus" and it said "The issue with living in Florida is you have to live in Florida."

That means many things. Monster fkn cockroaches. Oppressive humidity. People who have never used a signal light and who only leave the passing lane to swerve into the turn lane/exit at the last possibly moment, with as much braking as possible done in the lane of thru-traffic travel.

Getting a Covid vaccine at a Miami x Florida collabo site when it's this high demand, and it being a recockulous shitshow with endless lines....how do you not see that coming? Where was the word "only" in that sentence? A sizeable chunk of people, their introduction to Florida is a series of two hour lines in Orlando after a traffic jam/near death on I-4. They might not pay out the ass for a picture of them on some roller coaster, but before they even left Orlando International, right about when they were confused and asking "What the fook is a SunPass and I just flew in from Snowistan how the fook do they expect me to have that?" they got a really expensive picture taken - on something they waited way too long for.
My mother is in Sarasota. She just got vaccinated this past weekend. More than 3wks after her name first came up and they ran out multiple times even with her having a scheduled appt.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
This. Score another one in the private sector box.
Didn't JB invoke the war powers act to up production of the J&J vaccine?

On NPR, they reported that the WH had what was supposed to be a 15 minute Zoom meeting with J%J and it was an hour and a half. Out of the meeting they got J&J's competitor Merck to make the vaccine too.

That seems like a good example of the private sector and the government working together.

That is MAGA in my book. Or ABG

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Why get vaccinated in Florida? It's open
To not get the virus? So you don't miss 2+ weeks of work? So you can get the fuck out of Florida (GG to the surf trip courtesy phone - he has experienced things you and I will never experience)?

Myles Garret gets Covid, is sucking wind and sucking ass at football over a month later. That guy on the Bills got Myocarditis. Do you understand that Myles Garret is not a 70 year old obese chain smoker?

3,000 fans at Miami Heat games. About that at TB Lightning games. 4k, physically distanced, at Orlando Magic games. 5k for the Panthers games. Some restaurants till doing takeout only. Ron DeSantis saying the state is open doesn't count for jack sh!t.

Remember when you told us to wake you when we hit 500k dead?

WAKE THE FUCK UP, LLOYD

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Skully I am guessing you and I are about the same age (40). I am guessing that makes our moms mid-late gen Boomers in their early-mid 60s.

My Mom was laid the fuck out for three weeks. Basically October was f-----d. She didn't lose her job, but not everyone is that fortunate.

I will assume everyone else under the sun, their early 60-something mom looks like the photo below, would only miss a month of work, and would suck at their job for another six weeks after returning to work.