PU to Dark Arts - order same dims?

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Anyone have input on whether they would order a DA board in the same dimensions as a PU board in the same model? Or does DA benefit from going a little lower volume, higher volume, etc?

Also, does a non-black deck help guard against wax melting in hot conditions?

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I can't speak for everyone but my album came in a little thicker than I would have liked. Not sure if that was underestimating how the thickness is carried out in the model or if it's more buoyant in that construction. I think a little bit of both. If I were to do it again I would have ordered a touch less volume (thickness).

Reach out to them and I'm sure you'll get an answer.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Anyone have input on whether they would order a DA board in the same dimensions as a PU board in the same model? Or does DA benefit from going a little lower volume, higher volume, etc?

Also, does a non-black deck help guard against wax melting in hot conditions?
I had two identically sized Album Plasmics, DA and PU.

They both felt like the floated the same. They surfed quite differently. The DA is more lively and sensitive. Noticeably.

Black boards get hot in the sun almost instantly.

Reactions: sdsrfr
Sep 18, 2020
Ordered a Sharpeye through Dark Arts a couple years back. The strong guidance from both the team at Sharpeye and Tony at Dark Arts was to keep my dims the same as usual. The folks at Sharpeye and Dark Arts were very helpful, patient, and friendly with all of my question. Board went great. Don't be afraid to give DA a call.

Reactions: silentbutdeadly

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Same dims.
agree with Duffy on responsiveness of DA build
Don’t hesitate to ask the DA guys these questions. They will steer you right direction.

now, whatcha gonna get??