Printer/Scanner Home $$$

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Find a used LASER one on CL. Have em print a few test prints… and look up cost for toner for that model - some seem to be way more expensive than others

for “scanning“ I use Genius Scan app on my phone - take photos from within the app n it’ll create a multi page PDF.

Ink Jet printers are way to fussy and the ink way over Priced

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
We bought this from BestBuy last year and we're very happy with it. My wife works from home and needed a small office, quality machine that has Scan & Copy features. The wifi connection is a bonus for my son and I. After six months of daily use, she still hasn't had to replace the toner. :jamon:

Canon imageCLASS MF236n Black and White $200.00

canon.jpg

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
We bought this from BestBuy last year and we're very happy with it. My wife works from home and needed a small office, quality machine that has Scan & Copy features. The wifi connection is a bonus for my son and I. After six months of daily use, she still hasn't had to replace the toner. :jamon:

Canon imageCLASS MF236n Black and White $200.00

View attachment 132686
The inkjet version of that is more or less what I replaced after easily 15 years of service but it was so over kill for me only reason I bought was great deal at costco. New hp laser is so small and does everything I need including double sided print and scan and toner is under $50 :shaka:

Reactions: SrPato

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
Definitely a 3 in 1 black and white copy scan laser printer. I'm on my second $130 - $160 Brother. Had the first for years - I kept the color laser jet also for a while in case my daughter needed to print in color. Then the Brother laser it said it needed a drum and the drum was $92 - I just got a whole new printer for $135. For the price it's good to have around - I'll print factory car shop manual pages out, guitar setup specs - hobby stuff like that.

My mother really needed one 10 years ago as my dad went into a nursing home - she had a lot of work to do with the lawyer back and forth - saved a lot of time.

Brother is perfect quality for home use but they don't stand up in an office environment hammering away printing stuff like payroll every week - for that you need a good $650 HP that only prints. The copies per month rating tells you how rugged it is 1,700 or so gets you into a real office machine. And for real office paper shredders the cheapest one that self-lubricates from an oil tank will stand up well. $1500 or so minimum - they're meant to shred reams. We wasted tons of time in our office spoon feeding and hand oiling lesser machines.