Plain white boardz

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Like no lams all white or just a plain white poly with usual lams?

I don’t color my hpsb’s. I don’t hold them long enough for them to yellow. If anytbing the buyers go “oh ho boy, that’s a white board!”

Hipster sticks are typically colored bc that’s the freshness.

Reactions: RattimusBeach

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
I hate the yellowing. Even the newer epoxy they claim is much better and doesn't yellow nearly as bad still does. Vigilantly kept my boards out of the sun and heat as much as I could and after 3-years still noticeably yellow.

My newer Lib Tech's are supposed to have the foam or some part of the underlayer painted white so we'll see how they hold up. My oldest one is now 2-years old and is still pretty damn white. Past boards it was Year-3 when it really started to show.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Funny, I had to go much darker color on my last custom. I ordered stringlerless eps from Akila. Well, apparently it comes with a bright orange stripe down the center- which they did not mention until it was already cut. To cover it up, I chaned from mint green to a dark green. #waxmelter

Reactions: RattimusBeach

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
If the boar sucks it is usually in the shade and then you sell it white. If you love the board you ride it to the end and white attracts less sun allowing you to enjoy it longer.

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
Like no lams all white or just a plain white poly with usual lams?

I don’t color my hpsb’s. I don’t hold them long enough for them to yellow. If anytbing the buyers go “oh ho boy, that’s a white board!”

Hipster sticks are typically colored bc that’s the freshness.
straight white hipster board. i think it's pretty clean tbh

Reactions: jkb and sdsrfr

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
I hate the yellowing. Even the newer epoxy they claim is much better and doesn't yellow nearly as bad still does. Vigilantly kept my boards out of the sun and heat as much as I could and after 3-years still noticeably yellow.

My newer Lib Tech's are supposed to have the foam or some part of the underlayer painted white so we'll see how they hold up. My oldest one is now 2-years old and is still pretty damn white. Past boards it was Year-3 when it really started to show.
I had some old rusty's that were super vibrant vibrant white that didn't yellow...forget what they were called.