Petition to ban e-bikes @ Lowers...

Dudebro

Nep status
Jul 17, 2007
Oceanside
I forgot to mention that class 3 e-bikes cannot have a throttle. Most all of them do.

The issue could be mostly solved with enforcing existing laws.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
There is going to be a big lawsuit one day and they will start seriously enforcing the existing e-bike laws. Unfortunately for the victim it will be too late.
Can't imagine there isn't already one pending.

Being that last I checked even something as underpowered as a 50cc scooter requires a motorcycle license and the state of CA wants to regulate the f*ck out of everything (see: we're still wearing masks months after the majority of the country moved on) the hands off approach to e-bikes seems a little odd.

Like one of the people commented on the petition: I say fcuk it all. Open it wide up. Put a full on parking lot down there. All electric vehicles welcome. Park your Tesla just a few feet from the cobblestones.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I forgot to mention that class 3 e-bikes cannot have a throttle. Most all of them do.

The issue could be mostly solved with enforcing existing laws.
I wonder why this isn't happening, considering Sacramento's usual response to issues such as licensing and so-called public safety.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
also, stop being so lazy and walk.
ya'll sound like a bunch of Chad's. Has there been any accidents at Trestles yet? E/VS Analog - how do you draw that line whats aceeptable at a fucking beach of all places.

Also - some people get plenty of exercise other ways and then ride thier e-bikes.. whats the problem?

It sounds like you guys are so old - like boomers bitching about skateboards back in the 80's.

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
It sounds like you guys are so old - like boomers bitching about skateboards back in the 80's.
Proud old grumpy guy here. Fuck those things. And get off my lawn!

If you are so lucky to have legs and the ability to use them then get to pedaling.

Reactions: bvendley

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
ya'll sound like a bunch of Chad's. Has there been any accidents at Trestles yet? E/VS Analog - how do you draw that line whats aceeptable at a fucking beach of all places.

Also - some people get plenty of exercise other ways and then ride thier e-bikes.. whats the problem?

agree...

Slabsplease

OTF status
Mar 5, 2015
Already mentioned, but definitely agree, walk it, same with other spots (where you may have a key to a lock as an example), earn it a bit. I hit trestles on occasions that align with reasons to go that make sense, it's not far but never my "go to"... I will admit I do chuckle to myself at all the capable humans in their big boy rigs pulling out the same "Trestles Kit" set ups of e bike, board rack, this/that gadget...

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
If an e-bike ban discourages even one person from surfing Trestles, then I'm all for it.

And I don't even surf there anymore.

It's the principle of the matter.

E-bikes make it way too easy for hoards of people to show up at an already overcrowded spot.

You really want a 12-pack of pre-teens showing up from Cypress Cove everyday because of their newfound freedom?

Or would you rather they split their time and slog it out down at State beach from time to time?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If an e-bike ban discourages even one person from surfing Trestles, then I'm all for it.

And I don't even surf there anymore.

It's the principle of the matter.

E-bikes make it way too easy for hoards of people to show up at an already overcrowded spot.

You really want a 12-pack of pre-teens showing up from Cypress Cove everyday because of their newfound freedom?

Or would you rather they split their time and slog it out down at State beach from time to time?
But how will Noel Salas get his brother, boards, and video rig down to the beach????

:(

Yadin and his kid King too. King Nicol (the f*ck kind of name is that anyway) needs to be pushed into at least one wave from every Lowers set. His legs need to be fresh. That goes for when his daddy pushes him into waves at Blacks too. He's going, no matter what. He is...King.

Jan 4, 2021
My God, how stupid are the articles? Why do you need to ban e-bikes when they are very convenient and safe, unlike motorcycles with great speed. I wonder how such news can be passed through censorship. Don't people understand that it's not worth putting everything on the Internet! My girlfriend recently gave me an e-bike, and I constantly ride it to work and get great pleasure from it. I recently came across an article about gravel bikes on this site -- bikemountain.me, and I think soon I will get myself one too, well, or I will buy my girlfriend this thing.

Last edited:

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~

Never bitched about skateboards in the 80's.
T'was riding them in the 60's ...
and got handed a laminated, Hobie skateboard by Duke Kahanamoku for 1st in 1965 at the Waikiki Shell for the 1st skateboard contest in Hawaii & 1st Duke Sunset contest party.

You wearing a LEASH
When you loose your surfboard .....
Forget how to Swim.... youngster?? ;)

Last edited: