pete mel gets a good one

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
I stand in Awe..... Peter..... back in the days..... as a grom.... The would peek on him....... Santa Cruz. La Selva Beach.... The Result............

carvinmarvinfoster

OTF status
May 8, 2003
CA
The best wave I have ever witnessed in person. Pete sat way out the back for a long time waiting for this wave. As I paddled over it I saw him pulling up into it and couldn’t believe how square it was going. Consensus is best paddle wave ever at mavs. It was Pete’s Greg Noll at Makaha type wave.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
The best wave I have ever witnessed in person. Pete sat way out the back for a long time waiting for this wave. As I paddled over it I saw him pulling up into it and couldn’t believe how square it was going. Consensus is best paddle wave ever at mavs. It was Pete’s Greg Noll at Makaha type wave.
Carvin whats up man!!!!!

That was HEAVY!! Wave of Winter for sure, hands down!!

Reactions: PRCD and kidfury

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Beings as he and I are only a couple of months apart in age at 51 I am in total awe that he could paddle that wave and put it all on the line. The beating that wave would have dished out had things gone wrong is hard to even imagine even with the float suit. Humbled and inspired by that. Need to spend more time in the gym and in the water.
PS: Does this increase the value of my 6'8 JC Mel Machine?

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
I cant tell you how many times I watched that wave when it popped up in my youtube feed. And to be able to share that moment with his son... :jamon:

Reactions: PPK96754

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
The drop was so critical. It was amazing that he was able to hold his line and hook it under the lip as the wave was going square. A little bit of a downward drift and things would have gone terribly.

He's riding a CI, right? Looked good.

Reactions: Boneroni

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Freaking amazing....
Love the backlit beauty of that thing....
Jaw stretcher....
Brusied my chin.