Panama City Beach?

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I’m in town for a few days to see my wife’s family. I took a peak at Surflie’s and it seems like there might be a bit of swell for the next couple days. can anyone confirm if it will be worth trying to find a board and a wettie? Doesn’t have to be great, I’m not above Groveling for the novelty of it.

Open to any other non-surfing recs.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If you didn't catch anything this weekend it looks like it'll be flat until next weekend.

IMHO the Panhandle is pretty fun and that area has some different options for conditions.

I like St. Andrew's State Park. The fishing was good for me on the flats on the backside. I also like the Cape San Blas area. Water's often pretty.

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
Went to Jr High and HS there. Like Mr. Biscuit said State park gets fun. That and City Pier were my usual haunts. Plenty of other spots but those are best bet. Looks like there's still a lil bump before it fizzles out. Beautiful beaches and great fishing. Been years since I been back.

Reactions: MathDebater
Jun 29, 2017
st andrews is always the best bet, you'll be stoked because you will be thinking this shouldn't be this fun but the sand bars and water clarity makes it a great session. waist high can be a blast

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I checked it one of the mornings that hat surf and it looked like a good time but the family obligations won out. Thanks for the input!