Palm Springs Surf Club - always broken?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Just got the email - they are shutting down for now.

If you've purchased a session you'll be issued a credit to use in the future.

I'm having serious doubts about the financial viability of this place...you're going to need people to drive out to the desert to surf a piddly pool wave with 50 degree water temps for a few hundred bucks.

Summer will melt the wax off your board.

I dunno.

But I am relieved I won't have to go out there, dip a suit in chlorine, and freeze my ass off for that wave.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit
Jan 14, 2019
Yeah, I've heard some chatter about the machines acting up too. My buddy had to reschedule twice already. Not sure what's going on, but seems like others are having similar probs.

perfect_wave

OTF status
Dec 5, 2002
Starting a separate thread for this.

I'm beginning to hear the machine breaks constantly, and paying customers are having to reschedule their sessions then finding the machine is broken again.

I don't know that there's any truth to these claims, but I'm sure folks in erBBland have connections that know what's going on. Any truth to these claims?
I told you casa, and you didn’t believe me? Breaking news, see below

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chocki and PRCD

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Okay 50-something water in the winter, melts the wax off in the summer, doesn't usually work and it's two-bangers for the top groms even when it is working???

Introducing Sharkbiscuit Surf Club at Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park!

For the low introductory rate of $1k/year, you can get a season pass to Sharkbiscuit Surf Club! No blackout dates unless there's a named storm or apparently a strong front coming through! Open 8am-6pm Nov-Feb and 8am-8pm Mar-Oct. 6am entry with Early Bird or City of Jacksonville Ocean Front Parks Annual Pass (sold separately).

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Just got the email - they are shutting down for now.

If you've purchased a session you'll be issued a credit to use in the future.

I'm having serious doubts about the financial viability of this place...you're going to need people to drive out to the desert to surf a piddly pool wave with 50 degree water temps for a few hundred bucks.

Summer will melt the wax off your board.

I dunno.

But I am relieved I won't have to go out there, dip a suit in chlorine, and freeze my ass off for that wave.
My buddy at work was set to go tomorrow and got the Email this morning. :drowning:

You should demand a full refund. I don't see how they can keep your money when they are the ones making the decision to close. A credit seems dodgy.

perfect_wave

OTF status
Dec 5, 2002
My buddy at work was set to go tomorrow and got the Email this morning. :drowning:

You should demand a full refund. I don't see how they can keep your money when they are the ones making the decision to close. A credit seems dodgy.
Yes, it seems dodgy. Sure, take my interest free loan with no timetable on when I’ll receive said product. Nary a word on their IG or website yet. Not every customer got an email either.

Reactions: sdsrfr

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Don't worry, if you booked and paid...you'll get a gift card.

A credit seems in line with the terms and conditions of sale.

Rereading the email a refund is also an option. I have sent my request.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Good, let's hope it ends up a dingy old hole in the ground as a warning for future generations.

I drove past the proposed Kelly Slater wave pool site behind Coolum the other day. Proposal knocked back, bush still there, developer sold at a loss.

Made me so happy.

Fcuk these greedy kooks and the pony they rode in on.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Okay 50-something water in the winter, melts the wax off in the summer, doesn't usually work and it's two-bangers for the top groms even when it is working???

Introducing Sharkbiscuit Surf Club at Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park!

For the low introductory rate of $1k/year, you can get a season pass to Sharkbiscuit Surf Club! No blackout dates unless there's a named storm or apparently a strong front coming through! Open 8am-6pm Nov-Feb and 8am-8pm Mar-Oct. 6am entry with Early Bird or City of Jacksonville Ocean Front Parks Annual Pass (sold separately).
I'd buy a Sharkbiscuit pass - if the waves suck, you can bring your bike and ride the funnest dang beachside mountain bike trail on the East Coast!

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit