Palm Springs Surf Club - always broken?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Starting a separate thread for this.

I'm beginning to hear the machine breaks constantly, and paying customers are having to reschedule their sessions then finding the machine is broken again.

I don't know that there's any truth to these claims, but I'm sure folks in erBBland have connections that know what's going on. Any truth to these claims?

Aug 29, 2019
have also heard reports of break downs.

And during the gromsearch this week it broke for an hour during the middle of a heat.
Chris Cote says "we are going to do a quick machine test tweak. this is the most cutting edge modern equipment... we are going to take a quick commercial break."
Then the same heat restarts 1 hour later.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Starting a separate thread for this.

I'm beginning to hear the machine breaks constantly, and paying customers are having to reschedule their sessions then finding the machine is broken again.

I don't know that there's any truth to these claims, but I'm sure folks in erBBland have connections that know what's going on. Any truth to these claims?
your reservation is coming up, no?

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
that gromsearch vid makes it look alot softer than waco, like barely a lip to hit.
I posted the link while it was live. The best kids in the US and most lucky to get two solid turns in. Barely anyone could get the third turn in.

The right looked a bit better than the left if that’s possible.

Reactions: sdsrfr

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I posted the link while it was live. The best kids in the US and most lucky to get two solid turns in. Barely anyone could get the third turn in.

The right looked a bit better than the left if that’s possible.
The kid from my region who competed at Palm Springs can do mind blowing things at Waco. He did some nice turns but couldn't do much on the Palm Springs wave compared to what he does at home or at Waco. This kid can do airs on demand at home or Waco......even in weak surf. There were only a couple of airs done by anyone at Palm Springs in that event because the wave didn't have the juice. You also run a real risk of your board hitting the wall at the end of a ride.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
The kid from my region who competed at Palm Springs can do mind blowing things at Waco. He did some nice turns but couldn't do much on the Palm Springs wave compared to what he does at home or at Waco. This kid can do airs on demand at home or Waco......even in weak surf. There were only a couple of airs done by anyone at Palm Springs in that event because the wave didn't have the juice. You also run a real risk of your board hitting the wall at the end of a ride.
That comp was custom made for Cruz. Lucas and a few others are better overall surfers, and much more seasoned competitors, but none have the pool exposure he does. 4th has to be a little disappointing.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
That comp was custom made for Cruz. Lucas and a few others are better overall surfers, and much more seasoned competitors, but none have the pool exposure he does. 4th has to be a little disappointing.
Compare the things he can do at Waco (or in the ocean) with what the wave at Palm Springs let him do. There was no surfing like this at the Palm Springs event.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Compare the things he can do at Waco (or in the ocean) with what the wave at Palm Springs let him do. There was no surfing like this at the Palm Springs event.

Not even tiny Zion Walla knew what to do on those little waves.

Eeli was the only kid there who was able to really surf it perfectly.