Packing and Shipping board from southern California

Sep 6, 2009
I don't live in california. I live on the east coast. I already have a board shaped. I need someone who is willing to pick it up, pack it, and ship it.

It seems one of the major packers and shippers is significantly backlogged. Does anyone have anyone recommendations for someone to pack and ship a board FedEx? Thanks.

Last edited:

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
It seems one of the major packers and shippers is significantly backlogged. Does anyone have anyone recommendations for someone to pack and ship a board FedEx? Thanks.

I don't know where you are shipping to, but I have bought some of DK's boards over the years, and he shipped from CA. to Fl. via greyhound bus. It took 5-7 days, but he packed the boards expertly and all was good. I think it cost about $75 per board.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
You could try asking local surf shops or builders (like XTR or Varial) that regularly ship boars. Usually high-end, hipster, or more unusual boars are more likely get shipped (to EC, Japan, etc.). They might be willing to do it for a fee if the shaper drops the board off to their shop. I was selling a boar and someone on here asked if I could ship to EC and so I had asked Mitchs (Solana Beach) and they seemed open to it (dont remember if they gave me a price), but I ended up selling the boar locally on CL and didn't have to go through the hassle.
Good luck.

Reactions: rowjimmytour