Order of Operations. Morning Coffee

Morning Coffee

• New Filter, Water in Mr Coffee, Grind Beans, Press Button, Pour a Cup asap, additives and stir

• Remove old Filter. New Filter. Grind Coffee, Match Water. Press Button, additives f, Pour cup asap

• Boil water, Set Melita Filter in cone. Grind Beans, slow pour, additives and stir

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
My son works at Starbucks. We get free bags of coffee every couple of weeks.
Heat kettle on stove top.
Two scoops of whatever he brings home into natural pour cone.
Fill cone with boiling water, wait for it to drain
Add a shot of 1/2 & 1/2 & teaspoon of local honey.
(Non surf morning) Watch GMA for a few minutes while being harassed by the cat, poop, & shower
(Surf day) Sip coffee and try not to trip on obnoxious cat, poop, hop in car, surf before work
:waving:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
My son works at Starbucks. We get free bags of coffee every couple of weeks.
Whilst attending university, worked the local coffee joint (for two years), usually in the morning for the 6 AM to 10 am shift and then a night or two for the 8 pm to 12AM shift.

Would sometime have additional coffee that had been ground but not used, about 1/2 cup, sometimes less if you were a good employee.

When I started dating Lisa, that amount creeped up.

What we do for love.....

PS
Made Sweetie-pie coffee this morning. French press. Will add used grounds to compost and red worm pot by the 3 in 1 Asian Pear.

PPS

for a few weeks after covid, i couldn’t be bothered makimg it or drinking it
and, yeah, I didnt miss that ridiculous routine
and when I could taste things again, I decided there’s no good reason to go back to a coffee habit that was such a waste
so, no coffee routine for me
at least for now
i just don’t miss it
How was the withdrawal side effects? Headaches? Feeling like something is missing in your life? Increase in chocolate or sweets?

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

Still #1 best way to brew coffee:cheers:
Cafe Volio
Rice & Beans
Huevo Fritos
Patacones

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Chocki

nada2looz

OTF status
Mar 16, 2016
i'm a full on coffee geek. way deeper than i care to admit to publicly but i advise people to buy the moccamaster from technivorm if you want to level up. pricey but it's a real upgrade in quality and ease of use. no plastic parts helps the flavor tremendously and it makes a pot in about 3 mins. if you drink a pot every day it's def worth the investment

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
different sizes. Bought first one when I was single. Decided to get bigger one for camping that would satisfy at least two people.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Once you go heavy cream you really can go no other way
good for your cholesterol too, right?
different sizes. Bought first one when I was single. Decided to get bigger one for camping that would satisfy at least two people.
smart to hang onto the solo one in case you’re ever single again!

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
sugar is literally the worst. I'm not saying i don't indulge in sweets sometimes, a dessert here and there, but that stuff just cannot be a part of daily life for me

Last edited:

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
i'm a full on coffee geek. way deeper than i care to admit to publicly but i advise people to buy the moccamaster from technivorm if you want to level up. pricey but it's a real upgrade in quality and ease of use. no plastic parts helps the flavor tremendously and it makes a pot in about 3 mins. if you drink a pot every day it's def worth the investment
This guy knows whats up. Having a cup from one as we speak. There is no going back after using one so use with caution.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
moccamaster is the way