ONLY ON REDDIT!

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
how much time do you spend every day doomscrolling the internet for stuff like this? i mean seriously, you have to be looking to find this kind of thing and doesn't that raise some odd questions right there?
It's cute that you learned a new word here and have zero idea how the internet works

The bigger question is why this is always the response

You guys don't want to know the reality of what you support?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
It's cute that you learned a new word here and have zero idea how the internet works

The bigger question is why this is always the response

You guys don't want to know the reality of what you support?
Do we support it or do we just not care all that much how a given community decides to handle high school girls basketball?

It'd be different if anyone right of Jussie Smollet actually cared about the WNBA or had any respect for women's athletics in general. They don't. It's an act. Feigned outrage from olds. Nobody's buying it. Nobody cares. Except Matt Walsh.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Not really
You just have to give attention to a topic, and then more stuff on that topic finds you
That said, it still might make someone wonder why this is what they’ve decided is interesting or somehow engaging for you
Nobody needs x. Life’s much easier without it. I highly recommend.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Not really
You just have to give attention to a topic, and then more stuff on that topic finds you
That said, it still might make someone wonder why this is what they’ve decided is interesting or somehow engaging for you
right, i understand that the Internet Gods of Algo have long since determined his predispositions and that this is the kind of content he is really interested in...but it's not exactly a one-way passive relationship either. he has to feed it with clicks and subs and search and likes...and there's the rub. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Do we support it or do we just not care all that much how a given community decides to handle high school girls basketball?

It'd be different if anyone right of Jussie Smollet actually cared about the WNBA or had any respect for women's athletics in general. They don't. It's an act. Feigned outrage from olds. Nobody's buying it. Nobody cares. Except Matt Walsh.
You're right

It's an act to make those who call right wingers things like "misogynistic" and those who believe they are holier-than-thou-right-side-of-herstory look like the fools they are

The Oppression Olympics act only ends in fakery and hypocrisy

Reactions: grapedrink

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
This is the usual case.

But it creates a great place of a psychopath to wreak havoc.

They are 1.2% of the population.

Accommodations alway create an opportunity for abuse.

I've had kids get mad for accidentally using the wrong pronoun.

I take them out side and say, "No. You can't give me grief for accidentally using the wrong pronoun once."
I would take roll exactly as the roll sheet said at the beginning of the semester and I used to tell my students: If I botch your name or you want me to call you anything other than the name on the roll sheet or use pronouns other than the ones the school says you have, tell me today. You can just speak up or you can come approach me privately after class. I am happy to call you whatever you want. But if you don't tell me, you give up the right to complain when I get it wrong.

Never had a problem.

Would average about 1 trans kid every year or two, plus several purple haired kids who just want to be edgy and get called "they"

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009