One of these women is black. Can you tell which one?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

I just read an article about how Meghan Markle is being treated unfairly because she is black. I didn't even know she was black when she was just an actress on Suits. Who here, if you saw her walking down the street and didn't know who she was, would think, "there is a black woman."

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
In this situation, it's impossible to separate the fact that she is also a non-Brit from a humble middle class family. IMO anyone who is not royalty in some sense would more or less get the same treatment.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
In this situation, it's impossible to separate the fact that she is also a non-Brit from a humble middle class family. IMO anyone who is not royalty in some sense would more or less get the same treatment.
So, are you saying that brits are xenophobic racists?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Also, British Royal family is a whole another level of whiteness. She stands up like a sore thumb and the racists didn't like it.

View attachment 84893
Photo looks saturated. j/k.

I don’t doubt that there is racism being directed at her. Although I imagine that any American woman from a middle class family would have the unwelcome mat rolled out for them by the British people, even if they were white.

The question is how much of it is because of the former versus the latter.

Reactions: afoaf

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Whats funny to me is I never understand the American obsession with the royal family of the nation we fought for our independence from. I could give two sh!ts about royal weddings and gossip. But if we must, I give them credit for stepping away from that nonsense and attempting to be their own people. It'd probably be really easy to play along and live the life and run around with Jeffrey Epstein types instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: FecalFace

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Whats funny to me is I never understand the American obsession with the royal family of the nation we fought for our independence from. I could give to sh!ts about royal weddings and gossip. But if we must, I give them credit for stepping away from that nonsense and attempting to be their own people. It'd probably be really easy to play along and live the life and run around with Jeffrey Epstein types instead.
^^This^^

I had a girlfriend that was 1/2 Welsh and was absolutely obsessed with the royal family.
I never got it or even wanted to, I hate soap operas, crooked teeth and all.

Reactions: $kully