Ok so, I asked for the pitch, I was curious, and I signed on the dotted line

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
The fact that its is Shirley should be the real tip off… nothing good happens in Shirley...nothing..the armpit of suffolk county. Boasts more halfway houses for sex offenders than anywhere in the state, keep an eye on your junk while shredding those 7' barrels.

• Wow
Reactions: daave and Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
isn't this it?
I didn’t want to go there after the whole quit surfing/sh!t on @brukuns dreams debacle but ngl Ive had my doubts from the start about this project. I don’t think it’s a scam just that its not gonna happen bro sorry @Subway

The photoshops didn’t help the cause and then when they removed the flag my mind was made up.

Last edited:

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
Real Estate development is all about past performance. Always research for the past success/failures of the projects of those involved. Start with asking them what they've done. What they don't mention can be more revealing. (Look for lawsuits.)

Reactions: tenover
Jun 7, 2015
The whole customizable wave thing is mind-blowing. And the fact that you can bail if it's not your vibe? Genius. I'd be stoked to see some pics when it kicks off next year.

Reactions: Chocki

Black

OTF status
Jan 1, 2015
UK
The whole customizable wave thing is mind-blowing. And the fact that you can bail if it's not your vibe? Genius. I'd be stoked to see some pics when it kicks off next year.
Almost as mind blowing as the ocean - free in every sense.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
You really think there is going to be a surfable wave in a pool in shirley ny next year? You are either a conman or being conned lol

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Watched the Rip Curl Grom Search National Finals last night from the new pool in Palm Springs and that pool isn't that good. Even with the top groms in the country and letting the pool settle the wave was just so so. Didn't help that they had a mechanical at the end of round one forcing the rest of the event to be run in two wave short split peak sets. I'd rate it half way in between the NJ indoor pool and Waco. Should be fun for a touristy water park.

Last edited:

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
A 35 million dollar project with 5 mil in initiation fees , 1/3 needs to be financed . So the owners are coming up with 15 mil and looking for an extra 10 to 15 mil in private placements . Considering this investment as speculative , a10 percent interest rate is probally what it will take to sell the paper . Interest charges will be 100 gs per month, plus heating that pool , has to be 25g s per month . Add in property taxes , payroll and expenditures this could cost 200 per month .Fees from members will be 225 gs per month .

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
They say the pool will be heated to 65-70 year round.
What do you think that will do to demand on really cold days? For guys/gals who ocean surf year round this will be a cake walk w/heated water, but I'd imagine a lot of folks with means to afford the membership don't surf when it's frigid. Maybe they'll have a bunch of those propane heaters on the pool deck. :shrug:

Could be a cool visual to crank the pool up during a nighttime snow storm. Assuming they'll have lights if they got heat.

Does it even still snow in NY?

Last edited: