*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Ewing could win El Salvador and Lowers. Saquerema if he's lucky
Griff could do those 2 and Saquerema for sure.
JJF could take Lowers (maybe), both lefts and Saquarema
Medina could take all of em
Jack could take El Sal, Lowers (maybe), or the lefts

It would be REALLY awesome if they scored for the heavy events.
I wasn’t including Lowers. Thats too seed-dependent.

Reactions: Havoc

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
And... as you guys know the 2024 Paris Olympics will be happening at Teahupo'o, Tahiti. It will run for four days with window of July 27 to August 8, 2024. I'm certain many CTers will be there. I'm really hoping they stay safe. Reminds me of the Jamaican Olympic bobsled team.
Is it bad to root for carnage during the Olympics event? I have an idea......hold the Olympics at Lowers and hold the WSL Finals at Teahupo.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
And... as you guys know the 2024 Paris Olympics will be happening at Teahupo'o, Tahiti. It will run for four days with window of July 27 to August 8, 2024. I'm certain many CTers will be there. I'm really hoping they stay safe. Reminds me of the Jamaican Olympic bobsled team.
It should be interesting to see which countries have competitors. Will Hungary or China put somebody in the line-up? It's a good drinking game: Every pullback takes a shot.
Big opportunity for Norway surfer.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
mid 9 in my book. incredible move and recovery. Not a ten.
I guess I can kinda see where you’re coming from in that it wasn’t necessarily a perfectly surfed wave. But the difficulty and high risk (in the critical section of the wave) puts it up there. If we’re not being pedantic, we have to admit that it is the wave that people will remember from this contest in the years ahead.
Bottom line:
Are you not entertained?!?

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
It should be interesting to see which countries have competitors. Will Hungary or China put somebody in the line-up? It's a good drinking game: Every pullback takes a shot.
Big opportunity for Norway surfer.
The Chinese do indeed have a team. I know for sure because they have been clogging up the lineups in my locale for over a year. So annoying because 6-8 of them all paddle out together and have no etiquette. The pack was out at my local point (softest on the entire coast) yesterday. How on earth this is preparing them for Chopes I don't know. I look forward to seeing them get pitched.

• Angry
Reactions: One-Off

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
100 percent entertained. I loved it. Just not a ten. I guess my criteria for a ten is different from theirs that’s all.
There’s no accounting for taste.

I agree with someone a couple pages back that JJ’s carve on a different wave was the turn of the contest. But I was also impressed with Robbo and even Seth doing pretty darn similar carves. Pitard was doing some nice ones too but his stupid exaggerated effected head whip made me lose my boner.