*** Official Vivo Rio Pro by Corona Thread ***

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
i think i saw italo get an 8 for a fairly wear backside air reverse
crowds influence judges
I think Felipe was pushed too. Callum and Samuel Pupo were both ripping. I was thinking maybe the complaining from Felipe, Italo and Gabe at the Ranch is an elaborate plan to create a guilt complex among the judges so they get gifted scores the rest of the year.

Reactions: Chocki

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Unlike most brazzos, I don't think the scoring is biased against brazzos... I think the scoring is horrible, period. It just is, and particularly so this year.

I'm not watching this pathetic contest so I have no idea if it's as god awful as it has been this whole year. It probably is but now for slightly different reasons.

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
Unlike most brazzos, I don't think the scoring is biased against brazzos... I think the scoring is horrible, period. It just is, and particularly so this year.

I'm not watching this pathetic contest so I have no idea if it's as god awful as it has been this whole year. It probably is but now for slightly different reasons.
I think they do get underscored sometimes based on their talent but they don't seem to get that doing the same air on repeat (especially Italo) loses any wow factor and the scores will show it. Felipe has one of the best rail technique so he can mix it up more.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
John got a 9 for his Ally Oop. Some Brazilians on the WSL IG were offended. Lots of Brazilian surfers pushed back hard calling them kooks that don’t surf and to stop making shameful comments.

Reactions: brukuns

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I think Felipe was pushed too. Callum and Samuel Pupo were both ripping. I was thinking maybe the complaining from Felipe, Italo and Gabe at the Ranch is an elaborate plan to create a guilt complex among the judges so they get gifted scores the rest of the year.
Its called working the refs.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Swell for Friday and Saturday looks solid, 11 seconds is a good period for Brazil. Windy though, but I think it's side shore/offshore over there. It will probably be somewhat protected either on the mushburguer regular competition side or on the much better wave, Barrinha.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Joel Turpel talking about smooth seamless surfing vs hop hop hop surfing suring Italo's heat. lol. I hope Italo gets eliminated here and now.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I've worked with people from Nigeria, Venezuela, Brazil and a bunch other shitholes. They all wish to eliminate their compatriots and preferably nuke their country for a fresh start.
Just the annoying ones. Italo became an annoying dick after winning the title. Time to be humbled again.