Official Tequila Thread

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
I hosted a tasting last night
1647704291999.png

All Anejo unless noted
L-R: Revoluccion, Adictivo, Don Romeo, Casa Noble, Tesoro reposado, Cuervo Reserva da Familia, Oro Azul reposado, Esperanto, Don Malaquias, Solento

Surprises
Adictivo - aged in French Sherry barrels. So sweet, so smooth
Solento - Somehow "made" here in Encinitas, worth a purchase

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
That's awesome. I just got back into drinking tequila but I just drink low to mid tier stuff.

went to TJ's on the way home from the beach today and they were out of mezcal. So bummed

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
My father in law drinks Jose. I always try to buy him better stuff but he says he likes it and prefers Jose gold for the taste to price ratio. I've woken up with some really bad hangovers after family parties.

• Haha
Reactions: Driftcoast

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
What the fuck is with all the worms, snakes and sh!t like that inside some bottles? Just some macho thing or does it add flavor of the desert to every sip? :shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Eh, I know what I know, but there's more that I don't know. El Tesoro is great, dunno much about the others.

Edit: And since I no longer and in the agave world for work, there's a lot I've forgotten.

You should not be drinking tequila made with a diffuser.

Last edited:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Eh, I know what I know, but there's more that I don't know. El Tesoro is great, dunno much about the others.

Edit: And since I no longer and in the agave world for work, there's a lot I've forgotten.

You should not be drinking tequila made with a diffuser.
Interesting article. Thanks!

Mr Pecker

OTF status
Nov 6, 2021
I hosted a tasting last night
View attachment 126356

All Anejo unless noted
L-R: Revoluccion, Adictivo, Don Romeo, Casa Noble, Tesoro reposado, Cuervo Reserva da Familia, Oro Azul reposado, Esperanto, Don Malaquias, Solento

Surprises
Adictivo - aged in French Sherry barrels. So sweet, so smooth
Solento - Somehow "made" here in Encinitas, worth a purchase
How'd that work out? Any wife swapping take place?

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
I like many, but am a big fan of Jimador for the cost/taste factor. No cringe, smoothe. Have converted a couple non believers who don’t even like tequila.