*** Official Surfing Photo Thread ***

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Sorry, no photos, but I’m in Kona right now on the Big Island-of Hawaii and the surf is big here. Banyan’s and Lyman’s is a good 6 foot + and the entire coastline is whitewater. Magic Sands across the street from where I’m staying is 4 to 6 feet and the sand is all gone from the beach. Wish that I had my fins to go bodysurfing.
:waving:

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
The westerly winds from yesterday have calmed overnight and the ocean
much more forgiving this AM. The surface of the ocean is much softer, smoother compared to yesterdays rough, gritty conditions.
In the early evening as the sun was just going below the horizon, Ali’i Drive that runs through the town of Kailua, Kona was just as busy as Front Street in Lahaina on Maui. We tried to get a table at Huggo’s, a favorite place for me due to its location on the water and its open air ambience but an hours wait, so we moved on. Open air restaurants line Ali’i Drive and even a sand vollyball court with two woman teams going at it hard, slamming and digging a hard driving ball out of the sand and the crowd on the sidewalk openly approving both teams hard play.
We try another restaurant, Lava Java, with a good vibe, a busy open bar and tables on the ground floor, a few steps up from the sidewalk, a few minutes wait and we get a table on the railing with cars and lifted trucks rolling by us with blasting music and the waves, one after the other, breaking and rolling towards the main road, slapping against the lave rocks and the low rock wall and sidewalk.
The flow of the visiting tourists on both sides of the road, the waning sunset, the whitewater of the ocean and the vehicle traffic is most certainly different from the the little town oh Hanalei and it’s narrow road that dead ends at Ke’e Beach. Kailua Kona is brash and vibrant with the visitor looking to have a good time and they do.
Mixed in, are the homeless, bumming smokes, selling weed or just loaded on some sort of abstract drug of choice for the evening, they join in on the merriment of social misconduct. Mai Tai’s for the women and I have a Stella. Burger and fries, a Cob salad and I have a beet salad and a side of bbq ribs with a guava glaze. Oh hell yeah.
Pushing through the evenings meal with another round of Mai Tai’s and a Stella, we look across the road and mention a rather large set of waves moving towards us, the water sucking out over the dark lava rocks, the first wave building larger and then breaking, the white foaming madness racing towards the low sea wall, sidewalk and Ali’iDrive. The rather loud tone of the onrushing wave come to a crescendo against the low sea wall, launching a liquid wall of water over the wall and completely drenching a family with salty ocean brine followed by high volume screams mixed with laughter from onlookers. Our evening meal is complete with humor to boot.

Crème bru’lee … for the evenings stuffer then back to the condo at Magic Sands.
:waving:

16214561-6FD9-453C-8E01-A48A8675C0E9.jpeg

Last edited: