*** Official Surfing Photo Thread ***

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
So much of Norcal is like that. Might be some little nooks and crannies with Mason Ho type waves hidden in there.
I was up in Avila last Saturday with the wife on a day trip showing her some stuff she hadn't seen before.
Went to the cave out on the south end of the bay and the surf was absolutely pumping, there's a slab/point at the base of the cliff and it was breaking outside on the sets, total psycho. I said to my wife, "Mason Ho would be all over that."

Reactions: Boneroni

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

Have many fond childhood memories there.

The biggest has to be trying to follow my three mean older sisters up the dune to the top but getting blocked by a ridge of hard packed sand and them laughing when I couldn't get past it. On the next visit, figured I would have to walk way around, over by where the hang gliders use to launch in order to bypass the ridges. Took me twice as long, but there I was, at the top, king of the dune in my own tiny mind, and my sisters, harumphing and garumphing about something and then disappearing into the woods to explore the northern side .

I was up in Avila last Saturday with the wife on a day trip showing her some stuff she hadn't seen before.
Went to the cave out on the south end of the bay and the surf was absolutely pumping, there's a slab/point at the base of the cliff and it was breaking outside on the sets, total psycho. I said to my wife, "Mason Ho would be all over that."
Did she then say, "Who?"

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
Been a few little days up here.

JRJan14211.jpg
Bit of a scramble below.
JRScrambleOutside.jpg
Another Mike Purpus wannabe doing his thing. LOL
JRJan1421.jpg

These are the days I used to live for there.

Photos courtesy of B-Rad Carr

Take care.

• Love
Reactions: Joshua2415

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Have many fond childhood memories there.

The biggest has to be trying to follow my three mean older sisters up the dune to the top but getting blocked by a ridge of hard packed sand and them laughing when I couldn't get past it. On the next visit, figured I would have to walk way around, over by where the hang gliders use to launch in order to bypass the ridges. Took me twice as long, but there I was, at the top, king of the dune in my own tiny mind, and my sisters, harumphing and garumphing about something and then disappearing into the woods to explore the northern side .

Did she then say, "Who?"
Yes, she did.
I had to explain it to her.

Reactions: Mr Doof

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Been an incredible run of surf for the past 2 weeks.
Snapped this coming back from our hike to the hanglider port yesterday.
Ummm, no thanks, in all the years I've lived here I've never surfed out there.
I have personally seen fluffy swimming around outside the kelp and stumbled across seal carcasses with gaping bites on the beach. (there's a protected rookery at the base of the pier)

Bluffs.jpg