***Official Spa Thread***

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Do we have one of these yet? If so, my apologies. Let's call this the 2024 version.

I'm currently shopping around for a 6+ person spa and am looking for recs on companies to look at and/or avoid.

I don't care about features like speakers, jets, lights, and aromatherapy bullshit. I'm much more interested in something that is built well with quality parts and insulation. I also like the idea of using less chlorine so any experience with ozone systems or any others that reduce the use of chlorine are welcome.

I'm discovering that these things are very expensive so I was hoping to keep it around $12k. I'm not sure that's realistic these days.

Thank you for any guidance.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Spas are gross.
Did you know that you sweat a quart in 15 minutes in one of those things?
X6. That's a more than a gallon of someone elses body juice you are soaking in.
Unless it's my wife in there with me, I aint going. :barf:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Do we have one of these yet? If so, my apologies. Let's call this the 2024 version.

I'm currently shopping around for a 6+ person spa and am looking for recs on companies to look at and/or avoid.

I don't care about features like speakers, jets, lights, and aromatherapy bullshit. I'm much more interested in something that is built well with quality parts and insulation. I also like the idea of using less chlorine so any experience with ozone systems or any others that reduce the use of chlorine are welcome.

I'm discovering that these things are very expensive so I was hoping to keep it around $12k. I'm not sure that's realistic these days.

Thank you for any guidance.
I have a cold plunge that I use a UV filter and particulate filter, both of which I bought from a pet store. They are made for aquariums.

The tub holds about 150 gallons. I clean the filter weekly. I use the tub every day and change the water completely every six months. Never smells, crystal clear water.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I have a cold plunge that I use a UV filter and particulate filter, both of which I bought from a pet store. They are made for aquariums.

The tub holds about 150 gallons. I clean the filter weekly. I use the tub every day and change the water completely every six months. Never smells, crystal clear water.
how Do you keep the water at the desired temperature?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Hot tubs are big with swingers, they use them as an icebreaker.

Stayed at an airBnB on a ski trip last year, nice separate house on a big piece of property in Oregon. Listing said there was a hot tub available for 24/7 use.

I'm not big on hot tubs but threw a pair of trunks in my suitcase.

When I got to the place I read the rules...for the hot tub it said the "only acceptable suit is your birthday suit." :rolleyes:

The tub was just outside my patio door so it was always a bit awkward hearing the voices of the the wife and husband outside every evening. Pretty clear they were interested in making new "friends".

• Sad
Reactions: Chocki

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I don't like fucking in a spa.

I'll do it but I just prefer a bed.

Same with fucking in a car.

I would rather fuck in a car than a spa.

Loosers can't be choosers.
I don't think people fuck in the spa.

I think they treat it like a flirty "warmup" where they hang out naked and have a few drinks.

Then they take it inside.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Just kidding with you but I was confused because I considered going to a place called day-spa to see about getting my bushy old man style eyebrows pruned or something. WTF?
Public hot tubs freak me out now, but when I was younger, I get creepy-crawlies just thinking about all the stuff that goes on in those things.

Reactions: jkb

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
When I was at Poly, the hot tubs at Sycamore Springs in Avila were very popular place to take a girl on a date for some frolicking. Grossed me out so I never went, but incredible location for some fun.

:dancing:

View attachment 170095

View attachment 170096
I’ve had sex here far, far more times than I can remember. One on one, threesomes, groups, you name it I’ve done it in probably all of those tubs :LOL:

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
I bought mine from costco 4 years ago. Lifetime costco warranty helped my decision.
Free delivery, no sleazy salespeople.
Don't get one too big as you will be paying way more for electricity with a larger one that you might not be using.
Don't buy an inflatable. HA!
I bought a smaller 4 person one that me and the wife use daily.
Clean weekly and change water every 4 months. It's always clean.
I use bromine and it has worked well for us.

Reactions: jkb