*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Subaru DmX Mode
Random Guy is from New York he brings the DMX mode. To the Fifty Cent toll plaza. Mos def.

Anyone familiar with Brian Head, UT? Its been on my radar for awhile as the terrain and vertical look impressive and they're supposed to take the cake with highest snow totals once the storms moves SW out of the Sierras. I'm looking for an alternative to the maddening crowds at Mammoth this weekend into early next week. Tuesdays storm is looking even better with higher snow totals and colder temps leading to drier fluff pow in Southern Utah.
BestSnow seems to rate it in El Nino patterns; good luck and hope you score!

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
View attachment 171846 On my way to Bishop this morning by the scenic look out.
Gnarly. I got some yellow lenses driving glasses for when it get like that not fun. Did you end up in the white room/lose the script at all?

Matilija

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 27, 2010
In Japow Land now, light snow all day today, Lotte Arai on the Ikon pass in the morning…yew. A bit bummed I’m missing the big mammoth dump, but not that much. Heavier snow Sunday thru next week. Nozawa Onsen on tap, then Hakuba, Hokkaido in a couple weeks, weather shaping up.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
In Japow Land now, light snow all day today, Lotte Arai on the Ikon pass in the morning…yew. A bit bummed I’m missing the big mammoth dump, but not that much. Heavier snow Sunday thru next week. Nozawa Onsen on tap, then Hakuba, Hokkaido in a couple weeks, weather shaping up.
Stocked for you bro. Snowboarding culture in Japan is rad and the mountains and mtn towns there look rad. You gonna make to any hot springs where they have monkeys???
also
Pics or gtfo

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Hotsprings? My hotel is an onsen, they are right downstairs!

I hear you on the culture, second japow trip for me, will work on some pics.
I would love to see some pics/hear as much about the trip as you want to stock us out with. I bet the food isn’t half bad either.

Somewhere I read the big difference bw Japanese and N American riders is how where you are theyre always linking finished/round turns across the fall line vs the very linear down the fall line not even really turning just speed checking common here.

I love watching the Japanese ride pow, we just got some for tm and I’m not sure if I’m up for adventure yet so there could be a lot of groomer/low angle pow downchill instead. No carving required but you do need to have at least spent some time working on it. That and the Japanese riders are wicked good at milking speed out of the terrain and going fast is as important as looking good

Last edited:

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
Gnarly. I got some yellow lenses driving glasses for when it get like that not fun. Did you end up in the white room/lose the script at all?

you need yellow fog lights. I run these on both our vehicles. get the Pro version

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Too tired, buzzed and onsen-ed out to do a deep dive, suffice to say, maximum stockage today…

View attachment 171998
All good bro. Stocked for you. Any pics are appreciated.

@ShiverMeTimbers
Preaching to the choir bro. Ngl was pretty stocked on the harness I eventually came up with. Clean af.
took a while to find something to mount them on that was not a Texas or full on Baja bumper. installation looks perfect from the right angle, some plastic that needed dremeling and one side came out all janky. Pretty much par for the course lol

1706972009378.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ShiverMeTimbers

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
All good bro. Stocked for you. Any pics are appreciated.

@ShiverMeTimbers
Preaching to the choir bro. Ngl was pretty stocked on the harness I eventually came up with. Clean af.
took a while to find something to mount them on that was not a Texas or full on Baja bumper. installation looks perfect from the right angle, some plastic that needed dremeling and one side came out all janky. Pretty much par for the course lol

View attachment 172004

Fucking Amazon KOOK!!

• Haha
Reactions: Chocki