*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I thought there was some good info on stance in this video....

I would like to respectfully disagree. It has been my experience that with volume shifted directional boards there’s very little need to fuck with the reference stance and if you do, do so equally in relation to reference center. Especially when it comes to deep snow, the reference stance (should) already have enough setback. If it doesn’t it’s the archer not he arrow?

My binders will be going on my boats exactly where they were last season, front and back one insert closer to center. If I was ever gonna move them it would be one set of inserts closer to the nose

IMG_0514.jpeg

And these are powerful boards with stiff tails (lots of carbon). Amplid delivers an extremely high quality product for the price.
IMG_0514.jpeg

and while I have no experience with Koreas other than always hearing that they’re dank, since you’re in Amplid country (Europe) @jory you owe it to yourself to check them out. I can’t say enough good things about mine. Along with performance I’m big on durability and mine have proven to be indestructible. It got to the point where I was riding one day and was too lazy to go around this little tree (18”?) so I just ran it over. The bases are essentially still perfect and this is the only other damage either board has and was quickly taken care of with superglue
IMG_0521.jpeg

Last edited:

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
From snowboard professionals I know who train some big names the scuttlebut is those one direction boards are bs and just a gimmick.

That being said in Windsurfing switch-stance is a must. You go out… switch on your jibe …you come back in. For the jumps I was switch and for the waves regular.

I always thought the switch stance was a main attraction for boarders other than the boots.( and it being easier)

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
From snowboard professionals I know who train some big names the scuttlebut is those one direction boards are bs and just a gimmick.

That being said in Windsurfing switch-stance is a must. You go out… switch on your jibe …you come back in. For the jumps I was switch and for the waves regular.
I will think about your friends when I’m making turns like this again lol. Do they even surf?
1705854165671.jpeg

Im not the only one that likes the MG either bro.

“ Shape, Profile and Sidecut

There’s a whole lotta taper going on here. 25mm to be precise. On top of that, the stance is set back by 30mm. Oh, and the nose is exactly 164mm longer than the tail. Now that’s quite a lot of numbers to crunch, but what does it all add up to? A powder machine. That’s what. The geometry of the Morning Glory is set up perfectly for smashing through powder, ripping tight turns through trees and laying out some deep carves back on the groomers.

That’s all complemented nicely with the half-fat camber profile, where a mellow positive camber is paired up with an early rise rocker to help keep you elevated in properly deep conditions without so much as an inch of back foot leaning.”

If I ever see Amplid put a Aloha Vibes on sale in the outlet (50-60% off, where I got Big Bird) I’d consider it bc it’s nice to have a party board around but not as a dd, short and stubby = a not chill time in rutted terrain. It’s manageable with the right tech but it takes a lot out of you esp when you’re old.

1705854823100.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: SpudBoy

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020

I always thought the switch stance was a main attraction for boarders other than the boots.( and it being easier)
ahahaha ok so directional snowboards are bs and just a gimmick. this is hilarious man.

Reactions: ShiverMeTimbers

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I can’t remember if it’s @Pico or @Kento who is anti helmet, anti brain damage but ether way this for you bro. Behold the helmet hat.

1705885569985.png

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I will think about your friends when I’m making turns like this again lol. Do they even surf?
View attachment 170961

Im not the only one that likes the MG either bro.

“ Shape, Profile and Sidecut

There’s a whole lotta taper going on here. 25mm to be precise. On top of that, the stance is set back by 30mm. Oh, and the nose is exactly 164mm longer than the tail. Now that’s quite a lot of numbers to crunch, but what does it all add up to? A powder machine. That’s what. The geometry of the Morning Glory is set up perfectly for smashing through powder, ripping tight turns through trees and laying out some deep carves back on the groomers.

That’s all complemented nicely with the half-fat camber profile, where a mellow positive camber is paired up with an early rise rocker to help keep you elevated in properly deep conditions without so much as an inch of back foot leaning.”

If I ever see Amplid put a Aloha Vibes on sale in the outlet (50-60% off, where I got Big Bird) I’d consider it bc it’s nice to have a party board around but not as a dd, short and stubby = a not chill time in rutted terrain. It’s manageable with the right tech but it takes a lot out of you esp when you’re old.

View attachment 170962
No they dont surf but the actually coach some pro-surfers and skaters who board that you know of. I dont board but Ill take the word of a 20 year coach that trains everyday in the winter and would pretty much put anyone who has the time to post here to shame.

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
No they dont surf but the actually coach some pro-surfers and skaters who board that you know of. I dont board but Ill take the word of a 20 year coach that trains everyday in the winter and would pretty much put anyone who has the time to post here to shame.

Bro no one has been designing snowboards longer than Peter Bauer, but I’m sure you’re friends know more than him lol
1705892465147.jpeg

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Your friends are kooks bro.

1705893295491.jpeg

“Born in Bavaria, he started skiing at the age of two. Sixteen years later, he saw his first snowboard, and was immediately captivated. And then just two years after seeing a snowboard for the first time, he was riding so well that the man himself, Jake Burton, asked Peter to ride for Burton, and Peter went on to become a 5-time European champion, a 4-time world champion, and one of the true pioneers of freeriding.

As if all of that wasn’t enough, Peter was also intimately involved in product design Burton for about 20 years, then around 2004, Peter co-founded Amplid

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Your friends are kooks bro.

View attachment 171007

“Born in Bavaria, he started skiing at the age of two. Sixteen years later, he saw his first snowboard, and was immediately captivated. And then just two years after seeing a snowboard for the first time, he was riding so well that the man himself, Jake Burton, asked Peter to ride for Burton, and Peter went on to become a 5-time European champion, a 4-time world champion, and one of the true pioneers of freeriding.

As if all of that wasn’t enough, Peter was also intimately involved in product design Burton for about 20 years, then around 2004, Peter co-founded Amplid

Youre like old Dude. Fan boi deluxe. I dont know whos in my vid… just saw some handy switch work. Seems to me that was the biggest bonus of boarding over skiing. That and boots. Without it.. might as well go skiing

Last edited:
Reactions: Chocki

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
Lift lines were pretty tolerable this weekend. Snow was weird tho, big inversion with the top being 10-15 degrees warmer than the base, and icy. I was in line early both days this weekend. Amazing what one can accomplish when the family stays home. :ROFLMAO: This was Saturday morning before they started loading the chairs. Glad I got some; next weekend looks like warm weather and rain on the mountain.
IMG_6269.jpeg

What's this directional board hate all about? LMAO.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Youre like old Dude. Fan boi deluxe. I dont know whos in my vid… just saw some handy switch work. Seems to me that was the biggest bonus of boarding over skiing. That and boots. Without it.. might as well go skiing
Skis were invented for traveling in the mountains, snowboards were invented for having fun in the mountains.

Last edited: