*** Official Shark Thread ***

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Confirming what I've suspected for years following the Hawaii Sharks Incidents website. Maui has the highest number of tiger sharks, incidents in the state of Hawaii.

My father in law lives in Kihei right north of Makena, which is claimed to have the highest number of active sharks anywhere in the islands.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Confirming what I've suspected for years following the Hawaii Sharks Incidents website. Maui has the highest number of tiger sharks, incidents in the state of Hawaii.

My father in law lives in Kihei right north of Makena, which is claimed to have the highest number of active sharks anywhere in the islands.

Perfect!

Going to Maui for the first time at the end of the month.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Perfect!

Going to Maui for the first time at the end of the month.
I once paddled from Charley Young / Kam 1 where we were staying to Kihei Cove to surf and then paddled back. Doesnt look too far on the map but it was good exercise. On the paddle back the wind kicked up which wasnt helping and I remember thinking about all the shark incidents on westside Maui right where I was. Haha.

• Wow
Reactions: jkb

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard

Dumps?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Forgot to mention it on the Community Surf thread. Not saying it was a shark necessarily but something relatively large bumped my foot hard during Saturday's session around about same time I felt a strong movement of water swirling under my feet. Not the greatest visibility so couldn't see anything and whatever it was did not come up for air but a bit unnerving to say the least.

3 times now in the last month. :unsure:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Friendly, plankton eating Basking Shark.

I remember when I first moved to Puerto Viejo some Euro speedo wearing kook speared a huge basking shark that scared him and all the local fisherman **** at him for being a kook:drowning: