*** Official Right wingers storm US Capitol Building Thread ***

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
My prediction...

-Cy Vance serves him with an indictment in NY that’s unrelated to the insurrection.
-DeSantis blocks his extradition to NY and Trump holes up in Mar A Lago indefinitely while the indictment collects dust on Vance’s desk but effectively keeps Trump from leaving Floriduh.
-Trump attempts to run for a second term in 2024 but unable to leave the state for rallies and unable to use social media to connect to his base he fails miserably.
-Trump dies in Mar A Lago from one too many Big Macs long before he ever sees the inside of a court room or jail cell.

I’d be a-okay with this.
LMAO sentenced to not leaving Florida in the Summer, at all.

I read he had a hard-on for Bedminster. I dunno what he's waiting for. I like Palm Beach Nov-March, but if my main hobby was golf, I'd have f-----d off to New Jersey a month ago. It's going to start boiling this weekend.

You think he's going to effectively stay in Red States where the Governor won't allow him to be extradited? Or do you think he'll go to a golf club somewhere pleasant for the Summer?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The simple fact that McCarthy et al won’t participate in a bipartisan congressional investigation on 1/6 says everything that needs to be said. Particularly considering this the same congress that investigated Benghazi how many times?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Um . . . . no I haven't. Where have I ever stood up for the Bundy's or anyone similar? Where have I said that the Right is any better in regards to their attitude towards property damage?
Nobody's accusing you of that, thread looser. It was an all-caps trollpost mocking muh lawn order histrionics from the Summer.

Relax grapesdad. Both sides destroyed sh!t and both sides had some overreaction to sh!t destruction. Are you a Martian off a UFO, or are you a homo of an ilk who'd fight over Jerusalem for thousands of years, or live in a country where Trump and Biden got hundreds of millions of votes for President?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink
May 24, 2016
The simple fact that McCarthy et al won’t participate in a bipartisan congressional investigation on 1/6 says everything that needs to be said. Particularly considering this the same congress that investigated Benghazi how many times?
What was grapedrink saying about integrity and centrism in the NYT resignation thread? Or was that someone else in that thread?

Is there no such thing as right and wrong anymore? Does it only depend on your perspective?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I thought they were asshats too who deserved the gulag. ilk harder #wutaboutism
They deserve Janet Reno's animated corpse leading a helicopter gunship attack while playing Ride of the Valkyries.

Would you trust a Steal Stopper or a CHAZizen to stamp a fkn license plate? It's not like they're illiterate Soviet peasants who can milk cows and peel potatoes.

• Haha
Reactions: rice and grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Nobody's accusing you of that, thread looser. It was an all-caps trollpost mocking muh lawn order histrionics from the Summer.

Relax grapesdad. Both sides destroyed sh!t and both sides had some overreaction to sh!t destruction. Are you a Martian off a UFO, or are you a homo of an ilk who'd fight over Jerusalem for thousands of years, or live in a country where Trump and Biden got hundreds of millions of votes for President?
Well if it was meant as a troll thread then by all means troll on :beer:
That said, the gaslighting and denialism from the left regarding the rioting and property damage observed in the post Floyd mostly peaceful protests was through the roof. It was gross, and there was plenty of that here too from the usual suspects.

Which is why I am a little suspect of those on the left who complain about property damage now that it was a bunch of Qanon trumptards dishing it out. Seems like selective outrage to me :unsure:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
That said, the gaslighting and denialism from the left regarding the rioting and property damage observed in the post Floyd mostly peaceful protests was through the roof. It was gross, and there was plenty of that here too from the usual suspects.

Which is why I am a little suspect of those on the left who complain about property damage now that it was a bunch of Qanon trumptards dishing it out. Seems like selective outrage to me :unsure:
Oh well let me allay your suspicions! Tammy Duckworth was against property damage before Jan 6th.

To those in Minnesota and across the nation: you have every right to be outraged. I’m outraged, too. Let us be vigilant in our words and actions to achieve our shared goal justice and accountability. Violence should never be the answer to violence.

Reactions: grapedrink

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca

If the insurrectionists had planned their attack for Jan 7th, do you think it would have had the same impact?

They would have just been seen as a bunch of sore losers, not people attempting to halt a democratic process.

I’m sure the usual gaslighters will just say the certification on 1/6 was more for show than an official requirement. But can you imagine how hard Florida’s king village idiot would be village idioting had the certification not taken place?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
If the insurrectionists had planned their attack for Jan 7th, do you think it would have had the same impact?

They would have just been seen as a bunch of sore losers, not people attempting to halt a democratic process.

I’m sure the usual gaslighters will just say the certification on 1/6 was more for show than an official requirement. But can you imagine how hard Florida’s king village idiot would be village idioting had the certification not taken place?
I’m not sure what kind of response you expect from me :unsure: I was disgusted by the whole thing. Obviously the date was important.

Reactions: Phi1

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

why did the previous guy hold a rally and tell everyone to march to the Capitol to get Mike Pence to overturn the election?

why did they chant “hang mike pence?”

why were they trying to find Nancy?

seems like a bunch of odd tactics if they thought it was just a formality.

also seems like odd behavior for tourists to engage in.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
I’m not sure what kind of response you expect from me :unsure: I was disgusted by the whole thing. Obviously the date was important.
For me the property damage at the Capitol was low on the list of outrage and I see it as kind of a red herring.

The media was hyping the outrage over “desecrating the hallowed cradle of modern democracy” which made it easier for those on the right to both-sides the whole ordeal and say “Yeah, your team broke a bunch of $hit too!”.

I think that made it easier to ignore the significance of a pre-planned and coordinated effort to disrupt or delay a democratic process.

I hate to make this comparison with any kind of seriousness but...

There was a TV series, “Designated Survivor” basically a planned terrorist attack during State of the Union when the majority of the governing bodies were in the same room at one time.

I don’t think 1/6 was carried out with 1/1000th of the planning to really make any valid parallels, the thing that sticks out is the opportunity where much of government is assembled in one spot.

Reactions: Mr Doof