*** Official Right wingers storm US Capitol Building Thread ***

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
My thoughts about people who go to protests are well-established

can’t say that without going on a list
So you get upset that someone breaks a target store window but you're ok with murder?

seems about right for a former Prius-driving Bernie Bro turned Proudbois wannabe.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
So you get upset that someone breaks a target store window but you're ok with murder?

seems about right for a former Prius-driving Bernie Bro turned Proudbois wannabe.
Depends on who's getting murdered

And i'd buy a Prius again. Despite being absolutely dreadful to drive, they usually work out to be one of the cheapest per-mile of any vehicle

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Depends on who's getting murdered

And i'd buy a Prius again. Despite being absolutely dreadful to drive, they usually work out to be one of the cheapest per-mile of any vehicle

Can you expand on the dreadful to drive? Does it just have no acceleration, or does steering/brake feedback suck, or is it uncomfortable and/or noisy, or....

Personally I'd be worried about the catalytic converter theft headache. I am starting to wonder if some of the horrendously shitty sounding cars I hear are freshly de-catted. I thought open headers was basically deafeningly loud, but most of these just sound like kind of loud straight ass.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Can you expand on the dreadful to drive? Does it just have no acceleration, or does steering/brake feedback suck, or is it uncomfortable and/or noisy, or....

Personally I'd be worried about the catalytic converter theft headache. I am starting to wonder if some of the horrendously shitty sounding cars I hear are freshly de-catted. I thought open headers was basically deafeningly loud, but most of these just sound like kind of loud straight ass.
CVT acceleration. Steering/brakes are fine, but just tuned to be boring

The whole car is designed to be as absolutely boring as possible. Basically transportation for people who don't like cars

And open headers are super loud on a performance vehicle with a high compression engine. Open headers on an economy vehicle just sound like Oakland

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
CVT acceleration. Steering/brakes are fine, but just tuned to be boring

The whole car is designed to be as absolutely boring as possible. Basically transportation for people who don't like cars

And open headers are super loud on a performance vehicle with a high compression engine. Open headers on an economy vehicle just sound like Oakland
Ah, so you just don't like CVTs then, and it's analogous to a Civic/Accord/Camry/Altima/Maxima/Corolla with a CVT?

I would way, way, way rather have a WRX with the 6 speed than the CVT, but my car has a CVT and the only time I've used the sissyquential was going up a hill or too out Jawja/Bammy way.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Ah, so you just don't like CVTs then, and it's analogous to a Civic/Accord/Camry/Altima/Maxima/Corolla with a CVT?

I would way, way, way rather have a WRX with the 6 speed than the CVT, but my car has a CVT and the only time I've used the sissyquential was going up a hill or too out Jawja/Bammy way.
My Subaru had a CVT and it was executed much better than the Prius one, but then again, Subarus are designed for people who don't hate cars

CVT Civics aren't nearly as bad either

Maybe it's better now, my Prius was a 2014