*** Official Right wingers storm US Capitol Building Thread ***

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
i brought my two teenage boys along with me to an operation gridlock anti-lockdown demonstration back in 2020 so they could experience exercising one of the more important rights/responsibilities attendant to being a citizen of the republic

the older one is now a wildlands firefighter and the younger is working on becoming a mountaineering guide. they have been doing progressively more dangerous and more awesome things over their entire life. talking through our plan of escape if the demonstration turned into a riot didn't even phase them.

i guess we sort of enjoy doing dangerous things and i'm very proud of both of them

:cool:

meanwhile parents on the left are doing what? taking their kids to drag shows?

:roflmao:

idgaf. to each his own.
What’s operation gridlock?

I was implying sending your kids to riot zones is about as stupid as stupid gets. it’s common sense:shrug:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Making protests illegal and imprisoning protesters is an American tradition?
When they attempt an anti Democratic coup, yes! You would have been as happy as a clam if Trump suceeded ovwr the will of the voters like the Authoritarian you are.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017

I was implying sending your kids to riot zones is about as stupid as stupid gets. it’s common sense:shrug:
not exactly a riot zone. Twenty cars with trump banners.... "There are about twenty cars here and they seem to be under the impression that they can honk the virus into submission." :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: Norm'

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
yeah. understood. and although operation gridlock denver did not become a riot it sure could have. tensions were high. and i brought my then 15 and 18 year old boys with me with a plan for escaping if things got violent. excellent life experience.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom

yeah. understood. and although operation gridlock denver did not become a riot it sure could have. tensions were high. and i brought my then 15 and 18 year old boys with me with a plan for escaping if things got violent. excellent life experience.
Certainly a good lesson for a kid if approached right. And you made the right call having an escape route.

the few protests I’ve been too were pretty much all by chance, and went out of curiosity when I came across them. But #1 on my mind was the escape route if things went south, and stay away from the heart of it.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
"Excellent life experience". :rolleyes: the early anti-lockdown demos were a lesson in willful ignorance and abject stupidity, your hand-holding notwithstanding. did your kids figure that out that they were simply buying into an internet business model or are they still following your lead? :roflmao:

• Haha

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
"Excellent life experience". :rolleyes: the early anti-lockdown demos were a lesson in willful ignorance and abject stupidity, your hand-holding notwithstanding. did your kids figure that out that they were simply buying into an internet business model or are they still following your lead? :roflmao:
my kids don't "buy into" much of anything. i've always encouraged them to question what they are told and think for themselves. as a result, they hold many views that are different than my own and COVID related issues are no exception to that.

judging by the thoughtless gibberish you've just posted i doubt you can relate to that

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017

Denver. OK. I presumed you lived near the ocean, where surfing takes place. My bad.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
There was a protest at Swamis early, when people were not allowed to surf. I thought that regulation was BS, so I went over there.... what a ragtag group of miscreants and ne'r do wells! Q Anon posters in the air. Unhealthy.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
There was a protest at Swamis early, when people were not allowed to surf. I thought that regulation was BS, so I went over there.... what a ragtag group of miscreants and ne'r do wells! Q Anon posters in the air. Unhealthy.
In HB we didn’t protest, we just surfed

It’s much more unhealthy to listen to government

Reactions: grapedrink

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
In HB we didn’t protest, we just surfed

It’s much more unhealthy to listen to government
Had to be creative to find the free non-permit, non-tow parking when they had the lots closed.

I also remember, even during a pandemic, getting 000ed. Even coughing didn't faze them. :cautious:

• Love

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
imprisoning people who attack law enforcement officers seems to be pretty standard practice in America

why do you constantly minimize and mischaracterize?
Because it is easier to live in a fantasy world where you are always right than to raw dog reality.

Reactions: kidfury and Norm'