***Official Monkeypox Thread*** UPDATE: "We" failed to get on top of it!

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
“The truth is we don’t know what that is and therefore how severe it’s going to be. But it’s likely that we’re going to see more cases,” he said.

Though most cases of monkeypox are mild and typically resolve within two to four weeks, there is currently no proven vaccine. The smallpox vaccine has proven 85% effective in preventing infection, and some countries have already begun stockpiling doses.

Berkley cautioned that the new outbreak, occurring even as the existing coronavirus pandemic is “not over yet,” was a warning to authorities to invest more resources into infectious diseases. He was speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, where political and business leaders have gathered this week to discuss key global issues, including pandemic preparedness.
Does this have anything to do with this?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Did we get small pox vaccinations?
1 Milkmaids got cowpox.
2 it was noted they didn't get smallpox.
3 Someone collected some pus from cowpox blisters and put it on/in others.
4 These others then got cowpox but later did not smallpox as non-cowpox inoculated people.
5 Cowpox has much lower virulence than smallpox, so preferable to get the cowpox pus jab.
6 Smallpox vaccines leave a small scar at the injection site. Most people over 40 have them.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
They say it originated in Howler Monkeys and then quickly spread to White Faced Monkeys. Run for the hills mate!
F*ck! Howlers is all we have and i am already in the fricking hills!!! LOL .... They typically keep their distance unless they get annoyed at the dogs barking at them in which case they will throw sh!t at them .... and i mean that literally.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Since I read this here, decided to dust off and switch on the old TV, the one we covered with a dust cloth when the Wuhan originated virus started,and switch on the news just to "check the narrative this time around".

This stuff is literally SNL news type headlines! :socrazy::barf::shrug::crazy2:

So, if infected, just stay home 4 weeks, or until the scabs fall off, then you are free to circulate in public again?

Who makes this stuff up?

They should consult us here at the erBB, surely we could scare the bejeezus out of the gen pop better than these Nancy boys marketing teams?

I mean literally WTF? This is the best ghey they could come up with?

Literally, this....

move-along-nothing-to-see-here.jpg

P.S. just like the Corona virus thread, this should NOT be stickied.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Since I read this here, decided to dust off and switch on the old TV, the one we covered with a dust cloth when the Wuhan originated virus started,and switch on the news just to "check the narrative this time around".

Literally, this....

:monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey:

Spain's Ministry of Health is recommending you stay home and stay safe.

But if you do have to go out wear two pairs of underwear.:shrug:

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit

:monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey:

Spain's Ministry of Health is recommending you stay home and stay safe.

But if you do have to go out wear two pairs of underwear.:shrug:

Gran Canaria ghey pride NTTIAWWT parade.

Go figure?

:trout::dancing::trout:

Fortunately, there were waves at home, so I missed the homos dead man monkey pox virus walking.

:beer::shameonyou::ban:

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
The trope that the health care ministries are always over reacting is going to bite the society in the ass when they are not.

I predict that will happen in the next 10 years.
Because the health care ministries NEVER over react, do they now.

:socrazy::monkey::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Thank goodness I'm antisocial.

:cheers:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Because the health care ministries NEVER over react, do they now.

:socrazy::monkey::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Thank goodness I'm antisocial.

:cheers:
They do. That is the point.

If you are responsible for the safety of large groups of people you have to err on the side of caution.

Framing every response as an over reaction will lead to a catastrophic outcome at some point.

Over and under reaction are both threats.

Biases will make us focus on one or the other.

The problem with plagues is that you have to try stop them before they become an obvious threat.

Thanks to social media you have a large population that thinks any government intervention is government over reach.

Reactions: parkiteric

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
They do. That is the point.

If you are responsible for the safety of large groups of people you have to err on the side of caution.

Framing every response as an over reaction will lead to a catastrophic outcome at some point.

Over and under reaction are both threats.

Biases will make us focus on one or the other.

The problem with plagues is that you have to try stop them before they become an obvious threat.

Thanks to social media you have a large population that thinks any government intervention is government over reach.
Overreaction can cause catastrophic outcomes just as easily - perhaps moreso.