***Official Monkeypox Thread*** UPDATE: "We" failed to get on top of it!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
But the society also under reacted too.

And there were consequences to that.

I think pandemics really wreak havoc on a fragile society.

My sister the educator said schools are run on a shoestring and educators just make it work with what they have.

It takes nothing to up turn the fragile system.

You just pray nothing happens.

But it will at some point

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
F*ck! Howlers is all we have and i am already in the fricking hills!!! LOL .... They typically keep their distance unless they get annoyed at the dogs barking at them in which case they will throw sh!t at them .... and i mean that literally.
Just don't eat them, or have sex with them.

Reactions: flyinraptr

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Interesting how monkeypocs came along just in time for pride month.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Monkeypox is not a gay disease.

The first British monkeypox patient to go public is an HR manager from London who caught the virus after being deported from Dubai for testing positive for HIV, MailOnline can reveal.

James was readjusting to life in west London when he began suffering from 'really weird aches' in his lower back, exhaustion, extreme thirst and pain when he used the toilet.

He became convinced he had a sexually transmitted infection (STI) after sleeping with around 10 new partners in the weeks before his symptoms started.

'I’m a gay man, and having just come back to the UK, I was having a good time,' he told MailOnline.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
When did they stop giving people small pox vaccines as part of the normal childhood regime of vaccinations?

Late 80s?
They stopped the smallpox vaccine to give us all free PrEP in case we want to have a weekend with 10 dicks up our asses like the guy pictured above.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
People were once vaccinated against this disease. However, the disease has been eradicated since 1979. The United States stopped giving the smallpox vaccine in 1972. In 1980, the World Health Organization (WHO) recommended that all countries stop vaccinating for smallpox.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I looked at all the recently created Mokeypox Manual at work the other day - literally no mention of the specific group that seems to be having issues with this.

@manbearpig what precautions as you taking to help stop the spread?

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I looked at all the recently created Mokeypox Manual at work the other day - literally no mention of the specific group that seems to be having issues with this.
Not to worry.

At current transmission rate, decent chance it will break out of the current group and get into general population.