***Official Impeachment Proceedings***

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Public hearings next week! Looks like gromsdad and surfdog need a new talking point!

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
"Sondland’s suggestion of a quid pro quo was based merely on his assumptions about the president’s intentions, not the administration’s true foreign policy. . ."

Volker...also suggested Giuliani’s push for politically motivated investigations doesn’t necessarily reflect Trump’s views.

Separate from the aid, Volker said there was no “linkage” between the investigations sought by Trump and a White House meeting sought by Zelensky.

Rather, the diplomat, who resigned days before he testified on Oct. 3, said he did not believe the demands being made by Giuliani linked to demands made by Trump."

Lol, the call transcript seems to indicate otherwise.

Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what’s happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Lot easier to get market gains when you start with a WAY oversold market crash condition, than starting with a near record top (though stagnant for 2 years) and KEEPING it going at those record levels.

Obama admin already had all the band-aids in place for the economy to recover. Hell, recession was OVER only 5 months into his presidency (June 2009) without any of his policies even doing one thing yet. We should've had a roaring economy after, but it felt like we were still in recession for years after. ACA didn't help either after kicking in 2012. Repubs taking Congress helped keep the grid-lock in place so further damage could be muted.

Cash for Clunkers and multiple Summer of Recoveries never did much. And, with O'care stagnating growth the last 2 years of O's presidency, it was either tanking it from there (Nov 2016), or making changes and building confidence in small business to get the economy moving again. Which is did like gangbusters since Nov 2016. Unemployment dropped further than anyone thought it could. All time stuck high levels of Foodstamp coverage finally started dropping significantly (after being stuck in the clouds for years). Even with ZERO interest rates during Obama's entire terms (propping up the less than robust economy), he couldn't keep it from stagnating the last 2 years. If the economy was doing so hot, interest rates would've gone up within a couple years of the Recession ending in June 2009. We've been spoiled by low interest rates ever since.

Yes, stock markets did well in the long run, like they always do. But starting from a deep trench is a lot easier to make big gains, than starting near top of the mountain, and keeping it going into the stratosphere. You need a rocket ship to do that, and business confidence to fuel it.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
One other metric that's largely overlooked in comparing market performance from a given date to another in similar terms.
Take the dates of each presidents ELECTION DAY to today in market performance, and Trump's term sh*ts all over Obama's term from election day to now. Those few months from Nov 4 or so to Jan 20 (roughly 2-1/2 months) were completely different in market trending.

Those 2-1/2 months from Nov 2008 to mid Jan 2009, Dow DROPPED from 9500 to 8000 (-16%).

Same 2-1/2 months from Nov 2016 to mid Jan 2017, Dow ROSE from 18000 to 19750 (+10%).

Difference in market increases from each respective election day to now:

Obama less than 30%.

Trump more than 50%.

Obama election day to Nov 5 2011.

Trump election day to Nov 5 2019.

Fun with numbers and charts.

That Fortune article is almost fake news.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019
Public hearings set to start next week.
A great opportunity for those addicted to FOX Vomit to observe a nation ruled by law tackling a very difficult aspect of the job of preserving the democracy. I suspect that they've taken a pass on many learning opportunities before.

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
I like the part where you manipulate the data, to point out how data can be manipulated to show bias. And then concluded that your manipulated biased data was the facts, and the fortune article was fake.

And somehow, this all matters because our in house Trump supporters think just because the stock market is doing well, means Trump can do illegal things and not get impeached? Or what was the point of referencing the stock market in an impeachment thread?

I brought up Obama's stock market comparison, to show how biased the Trump supporters are. You only confirmed it. (See first paragraph). If Obama did what Trump is doing, I would not stand behind Obama and point at the stock market as if it's a reason to not impeach.

Reactions: jomo

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
A great opportunity for those addicted to FOX Vomit to observe a nation ruled by law tackling a very difficult aspect of the job of preserving the democracy. I suspect that they've taken a pass on many learning opportunities before.
I can't wait to see this charade in full 3 ring circus mode for all to see.

It will be glorious.

Then vote on it already.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I like the part where you manipulate the data, to point out how data can be manipulated to show bias. And then concluded that your manipulated biased data was the facts, and the fortune article was fake.

And somehow, this all matters because our in house Trump supporters think just because the stock market is doing well, means Trump can do illegal things and not get impeached? Or what was the point of referencing the stock market in an impeachment thread?

I brought up Obama's stock market comparison, to show how biased the Trump supporters are. You only confirmed it. (See first paragraph). If Obama did what Trump is doing, I would not stand behind Obama and point at the stock market as if it's a reason to not impeach.
Just showing how just a couple months makes all the difference in market outcome comparisons. No more, no less.

Cherry picking works on both sides.

Long term is what counts.

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
Corrupt liberal shills paid by Soros to drag down THE MOST GLORIOUS LEADER IN AMERICAN HISTORY!!!