***Official Impeachment Proceedings***

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
casa_mugrienta said:
I mean, prez Bill Clinton cheated on his wife with a 20 year old intern who was literally licking his asshole in the Oval Office, not to mention sucking his dick. According to Lewinsky's own testimony.

Then he obstructed justice and committed perjury.

Honor and integrity... Lindsaaayyyyyy was wrong.
Ifailalot will be along shortly to tell you that perjury and obstruction of justice is a victimless crime and therefore should be ignored.

Or maybe not.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Of course it seems like that to you.

Except the fact the aid was released without incident.
What defense is that?

The "I'm not a criminal because I was foiled" defense"?

The "I tried to rob the bank but I couldn't get the safe open" defense?

The "I tried to rape but the kunt kicked me in the nuts and ran away" defense?

Reactions: Waterlogged05

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Agree.

After hearing Taylor this has gone from sounding like a pretty strong case to a unsteady, hopeful attempt at taking down El Trumpo.

The three main takeaways were
1) There seemed to be hinting at a QPQ by the Trump team
2) But they repeatedly emphasized there was no QPQ
3) The aid was released without any QPQ. Talk about an anticlimax...

The whole thing is pretty underwhelming.
The thing of value Trump wanted was the public announcement of Ukraine investigating Biden's. He didn't care about any actual investigation or the outcome of it. He Only cared about the bad press his political rival would get.

You're also operating under the assumption there was any "quid" to be had. Trump was asking for something they wouldn't be able to produce (crowdstrike server???).

How about this timing:
July 25 - phone call
Aug 12 - WB complaint is filed
Sep 11 - aid released.
Sep 25 - WB complaint public only after Maguire admitted to delay in releasing this to congress due to executive privilege.

They released the aid after they were caught.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
It seems to me the Republican defense is Trump is innocent because he was unsuccessful in his shakedown.

Is attempted extortion a crime? Or only successful extortion?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The thing of value Trump wanted was the public announcement of Ukraine investigating Biden's. He didn't care about any actual investigation or the outcome of it. He Only cared about the bad press his political rival would get.

You're also operating under the assumption there was any "quid" to be had. Trump was asking for something they wouldn't be able to produce (crowdstrike server???).

How about this timing:
July 25 - phone call
Aug 12 - WB complaint is filed
Sep 11 - aid released.
Sep 25 - WB complaint public only after Maguire admitted to delay in releasing this to congress due to executive privilege.

They released the aid after they were caught.
Guilty with an explanation!

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
asking them not to appear. lol the amount of cover up is insane.
IF it was so benign, then why go through all of this effort.
Especially if you knew you were already under a microscope.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Hillary sat for 11 hours of testimony for the Benghazi hearings

Trump also moved data to a private email server.

What if I told you that I dislike Hillary as well... she did many questionable things and was investigated too.

Reactions: Hump and FecalFace

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
But... But... The Bidens! The Clintons! /s
My favorite part of this has been seeing Trump supporter's faces when I say, "If the Bidens or Clintons did commit any crimes then I hope they end up in prison, but that doesn't excuse what Trump did".
They're so wrapped up in their whataboutism and "teams" that they can't comprehend someone actually having a moral compass and thinking that all criminals should go to prison regardless of what "team" they are on.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
But... But... The Bidens! The Clintons! /s
Listening to the hearings right now....... so funny how much repubes are trying to make this investigation be about Hunter Biden and not Trump.

How about start a new investigation about Bidens.

As far as I'm concerned, Hunter and his daddy can go fvck themselves.

But this hearing is not about them.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Not dodging one bit. Just not here the second out of bed like many of you guys here. I have a life.

For one, Brennan. Possibly Clapper too. McCabe likely. A few others just below their levels like Peter Strzok, Lisa Page.

I can pick one or a bunch? Do I get more, if the list grows?

Or just one going to prosecution to start?
Might wanna rethink Mccabe. Womp womp.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
The hearings show Trumpers don't care about evidence. They are still complaining about Obama and Hillary for the last 3 years.
Repubs thinking Trumby gave a fcuk about "facts" from a Ukraine investigation is hilarious. When has he ever let facts get in his way?