***Official FIRES thread***

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Looks to be a long, and now normal, fire season in CA.
Started this week:

#tickfire santa clarita (mopping up)

#shorelinefire ventura (new)
#shoalsfire (la conchita-out)

#tecate (baja mex)
another between rosarito and ensenada guadalupe fire?

#sawdayfire (SD county)

#kincadefire (norcal blowing up)

Last week:
#realfire (el capitan state beach area- out)

Bunch of friggin crazy pyros out there right now!!!

Weather kinda fascinates me, fires too!

If you are near any or see any, or have pics of any, post 'em up here!
And if you are in any - GTFO!! ASAP

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
if you search with a, #____________, on google it will come up with something. The hashtag # seems to be typically used for
Twitter and Instagram.

I'm bored. I am coming off a bad case of vertigo and can't leave the house.....

I like to see what these guys post on twitter as they are on it for my local area:

@ai6yrham
@vcscanner

check them out for starts

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
The pics and news from La Mision area are heartbreaking.

Pray for our neighbors in Mex.

Reactions: afoaf

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
I don't want twitter or instagram, just facts.

What are the causes of the above fires?
Heck if I know!! 99% of wildfires are human caused. How's that for a fact?
power lines down, car crash, static electricity in the air, moron with power tools in dry brush, etc. etc.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Ever since a couple years back when my in-laws place and many other friends places were burned down, threatend, evacuated, etc. by the Thomas Fire, as well as the Woolsey Fire last year, I've been into whats happening in that world, as it could affect me and my family. Natural disasters, the like.
As info is available, I like to read up on it. Why not put it here? I know a lot of you guys probably check here daily if not firstly to see anything new.
Last weekend the power went out for a few hours, totally random. It was a good check for me to have some plans in place for if were to happen again, but longer.
So if you have something to add, have at it!
Maybe something you add(CM) will actually be of good information for once!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Maybe something you add(CM) will actually be of good information for once!
The last few fires in my neighborhood have been started by homeless people.

Someone here said a large number of destructive fires last year were caused by homeless. I don't know if that's true or false.

but

If you live in LA your property insurance canceled because of homeless fires:

How's that for good information?

Reactions: JBerry

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Thats just great!!
What gets me is that every weather feed, site, twit,gram etc, blows up the fact that the weather will be hot, dry, windy and fire weather. Lets just tap the crazy fire starter guy on the shoulder when he's sleeping now, right?
Jeeze!!

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
That's a pretty unusual outlook. The crazy fire starter guys are like .000001%, and lots of those fires are from accidents and stupidity. That reminds me, I gotta go check the swordfish on the unattended charcoal Weber. It's blowing good right now :shaka:

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Sonoma this week. PG&E did its whole new grid depowering deal. Except for the transmission lines.

Guess What??? Fire started by faulty transmission line.

Here in Santa Cruz county we have been "notified" that some time tomorrow we are going to have our power shut off. For 36 to 48 hours.

Thousands of homeless tweakers living around here in the brush. They get cold, they build a fire.

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Everyone is pissed at pg&e for causing fires, so they warn people that they will be shutting down powerlines to prevent fires. Last week they cut the power & people were pissed that they had no power.
Our dumbass governor even said pg&e should give all there customers a credit on there bill....pg&e gave big dumbass a giant FU.
So what happens.......transformer off a main line is probably the cause of the latest fire up north, they probably couldn't cut that power without all of norcal losing power.
I also heard they need to inspect all the lines before flipping the switch on, that shouldn't take long

Power companies suck
Homeless tweakers & crazies suck
Regular People suck
Dumbass governor sucks the most

Only thing we can do is bury all those lines, start now and solar panels with some good batteries is a good idea

Reactions: mundus and Woke AF