*** Official Fin Thread ***

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
Anybody have the christenson uprights in fcs (fusion/old tabs)? Do they have cant built in like the futures base ones?

I'm trying to replace some larmo twinzer main fins, which have no cant, and the christensons are the closest template and i found a great deal on them

Edit: I'm a dumdum. Just read all fcs fins have cant built into the box vs. The fin

Last edited:
Reactions: JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Maybe try a smaller and/or more upright twin to make up for the lack of cant if the board isn’t turning like you want.

RFC Twinzer set should be a lot smaller than Mabile’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: need 4 speed

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
A favorite of mine and a bunch of San Clemente rippers I work with is the Timmy Patterson TP1 and also his Twin +1 for fishes. Everyone seems to like Futures more than FCS, nobody rides glass-ons anymore...
I picked up a set of his twin+1's to try on my dark twinn before I got sidelined. Good looking template

Reactions: Homie

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
That P8 look to have taken some hits near the top. How do you scrape up fins at a beachbreak??
It was from a year or two ago on one of those big south swells that cause Oside to close out. So where did I go?? Land of the Slime Rocks... aka Trestles. I scraped them up there trying to come in and then tried sanding it smooth, which made it even worse.

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
Have anyone ordered fins from cardiff fin co? They seem to be much more reasonable priced. $60 for some fcs2.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
what fin template is closest to the futures rusty blakstix?
nothing quite matches it in the current speed gen lineup. the rusty was kind of raked but didn't have a wide base like AM's. it had that smaller center fin though which most of the current blackstix don't have.

template wise probably the Andos.

Reactions: JDJ and Havoc

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
nothing quite matches it in the current speed gen lineup. the rusty was kind of raked but didn't have a wide base like AM's. it had that smaller center fin though which most of the current blackstix don't have.

template wise probably the Andos.
FCS is focusing on their slow as fuck series. 80/20 foiled side fins in thruster sets.

Maybe they'll sponsor some more people and produce more small upright sets with different patterns. We're totally running out of options in the 33-35 degree, 9xxx range.

Can Jordy get fired by Futures, or maybe FCS can sign Jay Davies or some sh!t?

Uberkuque

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 19, 2014
Have anyone ordered fins from cardiff fin co? They seem to be much more reasonable priced. $60 for some fcs2.
Funny you should ask as I just picked up a set of their FCS2 AM2s this am. Haven't had a chance to take them out yet but they look and fit great.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Had Ryan Sakal make me a new board last winter for good waves I asked for futures but it came with fcs...no worries I thought...I used to be all fcs and have a GG thruster set I can use. Finally got around to putting fins in it on tues for todays swell...turns out the boxes are fcs2...which I dont much care for nor have any fins for...had to buy an adapter kit to use fcs1 fins and in came this eve too late to surf today...Wish I had paid a little more attention when I got the board but it had to go in a bag fast so the wife wouldnt freak out..

Attachments

Reactions: Havoc