Official Encinitas Politics Page

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Let's talk about the candidates for mayor.

Tony Kranz - entrenched, responsible for lot's of current problems
Cindy Cremona - new comer, seems nice, is she tough enought?
Jeff Morris - too rough on the edges, good surfer
Michael Blobe - unknown, barefoot

Council Races
Cardiff District
Julie Thunder - almost won race for mayor last time
Joy Lyndes - incumbent, serves as an appointed member

Olivenhein District
Bruce Ehlers - canned from Planning Commission
Pam Redela - Ultra lib, focuses on woman's activism

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Too many duchebags who think their town is cool. Somehow by extension this makes them cool.

It's just a town and you are person living in it.

Calm down.

*I live in Oceanside and that doesn't make me a looser.

Well, maybe it kind of does.:shrug:

Last edited:

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
I'm not familiar with Encinitas politics, what are the current problems? Curious.
Actually good question. It's always hard to come up with rational thoughts when on a rant.

All decisions seem to be made in a rush. Minimal retrospective review of how things are working out. Failure to respond to constituents and the citywide Prop A vote. Hard embrace of all things equity related.

Personally? I see diversion of funds in my district to pay for improvements in other areas. Yet my area is bearing the brunt of all new development in town. I can only place the blame on existing leadership. Time for change.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Too many dorks in cars clogging the streets.
Based on city actions towards "road diets" and bike lanes, yes
Listening to Traffic Safety and Mobility commissioners brag about how many cars they can pile up behind them while riding, yes.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Actually good question. It's always hard to come up with rational thoughts when on a rant.

All decisions seem to be made in a rush. Minimal retrospective review of how things are working out. Failure to respond to constituents and the citywide Prop A vote. Hard embrace of all things equity related.

Personally? I see diversion of funds in my district to pay for improvements in other areas. Yet my area is bearing the brunt of all new development in town. I can only place the blame on existing leadership. Time for change.
Blakespear has been a failure and has zero leadership qualities. Too much closed door session wheeling and dealing.

Reactions: john4surf

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
homeless people peeing in a stream near Encinitas Blvd is the top issue, along with kids on e-bikes. High density housing proposed for Rancho Santa Fe Rd. is up there. Personally I'd like to see a designated left turn arrow at Chesterfield and the train tracks and a limit on Rob Machado murals.