***Official 20 and Over Club***

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
This is dangerous news and shouldn’t be let out. We can’t have the masses ordering appropriate equipment. Continue with the Slater agenda, push boards shorter than rider height and the idea that adding 1/4 inch to a glass slipper makes it a fish.

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
This is dangerous news and shouldn’t be let out. We can’t have the masses ordering appropriate equipment. Continue with the Slater agenda, push boards shorter than rider height and the idea that adding 1/4 inch to a glass slipper makes it a fish.
I should nuke this thread n start a KS Great White appreciation thread, curate it to push under sized boars to the masses

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Does kelly have small feet?

I’ve only recently ventured into the 20s. i have difficulty writing and admitting this.

I recently sneered when I felt up 18 7/8, which 15yrs ago was wide to me.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The days of anemic pro boards are long gone for almost a decade.

The guy is 6'3 and 200 lbs.

These are pretty normal "pro" dims for a guy his size.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017

I heard in real life he’s more like 6’5 260.
A person would have to be to be able to turn a board that big.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019

The volume and the length, sure. But none of the current big guys are on widths like that. Wade Carmichael was on 19.5" and that was the widest in recent times. Jordy on 19.25" or so; JJF sub 19"; Owen Sub 19"; Connor Oleary a bit over 19".

Occy's original 1984 model... that was around 20" I think.

Reactions: j_mac

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Does kelly have small feet?

I’ve only recently ventured into the 20s. i have difficulty writing and admitting this.

I recently sneered when I felt up 18 7/8, which 15yrs ago was wide to me.
I want to say kelly actually has huge feet for his height. Size 12s or something?

Supposedly Cole is 6'3 200lbs. Interesting board dims for sure. Short n wide.

Reactions: j_mac

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
I've always felt like wider boards were hindered rolling rail to rail but the first wave in the final Cole did like 7 belts to the lip so maybe I've been wrong all along. That being said Mayhem have oddly wide and thin stock dims.
Frm my experience width is just part of it. The rail size n shape is a big deal- I say this based on making the same board- same width, thickness, rocker n bottom but multiple versions - pinching / refining rail, flat deck, domed deck etc.

Have done that w a few diff designs. A little added width gives you room to bring the rail down while maintaining thickness in the center for paddle power/float

Last edited: